Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Insanity workout DVD programme.
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

Anyone tried this? My mates done it and looks ripped after 60 days. He’s lending me the DVD’s, I’m told it’s hard work.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I got the P90X ones after someone on here recomended them, then found out that none of the doors in my cottage will take a pull up bar safely so it’s sat unused.

Reading up on it, seems it works, but only if you can do the whole thing injury free, and as it’s prescribed there’s a tendancy to push on through the pain untill you’re forced to stop. Whereas a real personal trainer/coach would see the effects and tell you to lay off it for a few days.

I might give it a go next winter when I’m back home, looks more fun than doing ‘base miles’ in the rain (stuff rule #5).

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’ve seen my friends results and he’s deep cut now, however I’d not have said he was in bad shape at all to start with. He’s been made redundant and had the time to stick to it, prepare meals and sleep after. He thinks the long rests have helped him stay injury free and advised me there’s no stretching on the DVDs so you need to do that aswell. Looking at the official before and after photos I’d say some look dubious especially compared to google images of consumers results, but then the makers will showcase the biggest improvements. Going to start it in Saturday and see what it’s like.

kimbers

ive seen the ads on tv

wrecker
    Free Member

I tried to find out more but every site reviewing it is so obviously an advert!
    Put me off really, maybe I’ll DL it instead.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If it’s actually calle ‘The Insanity WOrkout’ (or any variant containing the word ‘Insanity’), then unless it has to be performed within the confines of an asylum it is rubbish.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ll take it around the in-laws then.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Tried it tonight, it’s a very slick but over the top CV workout, the presentation is very in your face but I don’t doubt if session one is a good yardstick it will tone you up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Insanity workout DVD programme.’ is closed to new replies.