• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by nre.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Innsbruck / Interlaken / Constance family MTBing
  • nre
    Free Member

Any experience of MTBing in these areas? Debating whether to take bikes for the whole family or not when staying in these areas… As a group we normally stick to UK blue routes and easy reds.

Concerned that in these areas it’ll either be challenging singletrack (which would suit me just fine) or tarmac cycle paths. Ideally want something in between for the family!

Any input gratefully received!

picnic
    Free Member

I live close to Interlaken and I absolutely recommend that you do take bikes for all the family. There are trails to suit everyone in the area, you just need to know where to find them. I wouldn’t really recommend taking any of the signposted “mountain bike” routes if you want singletrack as they are mostly fire roads (some with big climbs), having said that, some would be well worth it just for the scenery and the feeling of riding out in the high mountains with the family. Big climbs can be avoided with trains/bus/gondola.

Let me know if you want recommendations on specific routes. I have all the singletrail maps (http://www.sports-publishing.ch/shop/de/singletrail-maps) for the area which can be expensive to buy as a one off but you are welcome to borrow while here.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Lake Constance has a cycle route all around the lake, It’s a mix of quiet roads, gravel track . and a bit is single track. Ideal for the family I would guess. The Swiss/Austrian side of the lake has the big mountains but around the lake it’s pretty flat.

mick_r

What picnic said about Interlaken. We’ve biked around Meiringen / Brienz area using singletrail maps (a little quieter than main tourist trail Grindelwald / Lauterbrunnen).

Bregenzerwald is a good bike area. Guided rides by die bikeschule at Au. Stay locally and get free pass for lifts and buses etc.

Side valleys will be nicer than Innsbruck itself – Alpbach, Otztal, Pitztal etc.

Davos area sounds promising for free bike access on all singletrack but not yet been.

nre
    Free Member

Thanks for your input guys!

The locations are all pre-booked, but helpful info nonetheless.

picnic – I’ll drop you a PM as would gratefully take you up on your kind offer!

Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Innsbruck / Interlaken / Constance family MTBing’ is closed to new replies.