Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Inners/Glentress Thursday 10th
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

Can you?

Shall we?

Aah, go on!

I’m taking a trials bike with six-and-a-half-gears. Giggle

Ps. Need a lift 🙂

Northwind

I reckon so. Should be able to do a lift for one, from the west of the city.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Hello again.

Where’s West?

I’m in The Hailes by the canal. Will travel.

Northwind

Is it just the two of us? Is this a trap? 😆

I work at Heriot Watt so should be right.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Have contacted TBC by textyphone as he’s probably doing D.I.Y.

Think StevenMenmuir moved.

Think everyone’s hibernating.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Moved? Since when?

rickmeister

I’m here ! Got a 3pm meeting, holiday inn J3 just over the bridge.. will put my bike in the van… can do pick ups…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m tempted but seeing as I’m heading to Applecross/Torridon for a dirty weekend I should probably get all my kit together on Thursday night. And I may well need every bit of bike clothing I own for it.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Don’t know how that works… burning ears?

I’m probably making stuff up but now we’ve got your attention…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

But I may change my mind if Thursday is nice.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Cock…am I on the rally here?

Rick, a meeting at a Holiday Inn…

You’ll have Gnar to unleash I presume?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Thursday IS nice Menmuir, it’s between Shittymiddleoftheweek and OMGIT’STHEWEEKEND!

Look at this forecast>

Also applies to GT.

My dad has a shirt you can borrow.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Suppose I could pack tomorrow night and use my barely hanging together by a thread shorts for Thursday night.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

TBC is confirmed out.

Worth noting now i’ve never actually been to GT/Inners on a bike.

Someone just point and i’ll go “that way”.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I was at GT on Sunday and the trails were in great nick. That’d probably be my choice as I don’t want to wrap myself round a tree at Inners just before a rare weekend away to the best riding in the country.

ojom
    Free Member

Update.
    I am so rock n roll spent the evening in the rain fixing guttering then weeded and scraped moss from the odd bit at the side of the house.
    Tomorrow night I am making bunting and stuff for a party at the end of the month.

On Thursday night I hope to be painting my bathroom. If this doesn’t happen it will happen on Friday and I will spend Thursday night fixing the porch roof instead.

Once again I think you will find I am the coolest person you know.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have to work 🙁

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I don’t want to be married. Tell me it gets better than bunting everybody.

Not being disingenuous in the least but do you need an extra hand with D.I.Y?

Quicken the whole process up ergo more-time-on-the-bikeage?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I-need-a-job.

ojom
    Free Member

There are some trials a man must endure in his own. Plus there is about 5 years of work to do.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Endure away TBC!

So, back to mis-spending ma’ yout’ breda.

As it stands, i’m going in the Northwind mobile, Rick’s in and Steve’s coming if there’s minimal chance of injury.

Who else can we pester?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Maybes aye.

rickmeister

cfinnimore…

re holiday inn.. its only for an hour or so… wearing gnarr restraining clothing…

is there going to be a big painted X somewhere that we are all drawn to gather round before we set sail to Glenners or Inntress… ?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Well, Northy’s at Heriot Watt, you’re at Holiday Inn and i’m at the Haile’s Odeon (in the nice bit with electric fences).

Survey says Hermiston Gait but I don’t drive so blah.

Feel quite shit now, 25, no job, no car, just bought a BMX and am taking a trials bike to a trail centre wearing brand new POC sheez.

Dear me.

stuartm555
    Free Member

Time?

rickmeister

Is “making bunting” code for something else….

Time at Hermiston Gate… I’m hoping for a sweet release at the holiday inn, 5 ish… HG 5:30 ish… ?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Oh, balls, time…

I have no concept of time. Normal people conclude daily business around… 5.30?

I got a “sweet release” at a Holiday Inn once, was a consequence to “fluffy pillows”.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

B & Q Carpark, by the maroon burger van.

I’m the dick’ed in Orange.

rickmeister

We’re probably going to do all this again tomorrow but 5:30 in the carpark throwing shapes at Halfords.. ?

Oh, and it its wet/muddy/bumpy/uphill/windy/outside then i’m not going…. so basically indoors, warm and dusty…. nothing else will do… just thought I’d mention it, like…

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Right so, we’ll repeat this tomorrow with the tag-alongs who check the forum at work/at breakfast/in-between-Edinburgh-roadworks….

If it’s dry, and we’re all up for pinning it in clement-conditions with 0% injury-risk and everyone wants to encourage my GT cherry popping then good.

Halfords. 5.30. Thursday.

Have we agreed on GT? Yes….we have!

Edit: Rick/Northwind, if it happens, first come first serve for taking me.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Stuartm555/Glupton you’re coming too.

Make it so.

Northwind

Ooh, a lift-off!

No reason I can’t come get you from Odeon or thereabouts btw… Though it’ll make the timing a bit squeaky.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Thanks for that, but for a.warm-up-nice-to-see-the-swans-sake I’ll bomb along the canal.
    Besides, can pop into Tesco for Monster & cake. Makes me ride better, innit.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Oh yeah, morning bump!

Are you tired of the rain?

Feel like unleashing the gnar?

Read posts above for the usual banter but so far 5.30.at Hermiston Gait on T’ursday.

rickmeister

Edit: Rick/Northwind, if it happens, first come first serve for taking me.

Burger me !… I think decorum is the better part of valour… I’ll step aside here.. Northwind, he’s yours, you can take him/have him/do him… just mind the swan’s face…

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Eek…The perils of no-tone-sentences. Though, rightly, that wasn’t best put. Quite rude.

I’m nice, really.

stuartm555
    Free Member

No chance I’ll make it that early – have fun 🙂

stevemtb
    Free Member

Wow, looks like I’m late to this party!

Count me in, can be at GT ready to ride at 6.30 if that’s not too late. If you’re planning to be off by then I can drive to the top car park and see you there.

Was there last night. It’s wet as would be expected but again as would be expected from GT it’s solid underneath.

TBC – that’s the second time you’ve used the painting the bathroom excuse, just get it done already!!

Will be coming straight from Livingston from work so would struggle to do any pick ups but plenty of room in the van for the way back.

ojom
    Free Member

TBC – that’s the second time you’ve used the painting the bathroom excuse, just get it done already!!

If only the fitter had finished when they were meant to…

cfinnimore
    Free Member

PARTAAY!

Emm, how long does it take to drive to GT weather behaving?

If rickmeister doesn’t run me over first for being a twerp, Northwind’s kindly providing my lift.

What trails shall we do?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Inners/Glentress Thursday 10th’ is closed to new replies.