Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Innerliethen advice please!
  • riklegge

I’ve managed to blag a bit of free time and find myself currently sat in a bar in innerliethen. I’m planning to ride tomorrow morning for 2-3 hours, the question is should I go to Golfie side or the DH trails?

The background is that I’m entered into the Naughty Northumbrian in a couple of weeks so want to practice some steep(ish), rooty tracks. That said, I’m no DH racer and will be on my own so don’t want anything too big.

Any thoughts?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

NN won’t be anything as steep as the steeps at inners or Golfie. Whatever you do, make sure you ride angry sheep on the dh side, it’s phenomenal fun.

dmck16
    Free Member

As above – loop round the likes of Angry Sheep, Green Wing, Salmon Journey etc. Great fun.

Have you got the Trailforks app? Pretty handy if you haven’t.

beano68
    Free Member

its next weekend ! 😉 can’t wait

riklegge

Thanks for all the responses. I’ve ridden Golfie before but not Inners DH’s, sounds like I should do a lap around there.
    dmck16- yes, I have trailforks and will have a look thanks!
    beano68- yes, I can’t wait, hoping it’s not going to be too wet.

beano68
    Free Member

Enjoy it up there, Cant be any wetter hopefully than Ard Moors just gone !

riklegge

Managed to get out for a couple of hours this morning, Angry Sheep is indeed awesome! Thanks for the input.

jonnym92

Sigh.. I was there last weekend. Big day doing both Inners and Golfie side and then another half day at the Golfie. Luckily met up with a few friends of friends who live round that way so got shown around by a local.
    Started off with the easier Angry sheep/Green wing etc, before progressing onto Barts trail and then Date Night/Date Night 2.
    The Golfie side was great too, Flat White freshly resurfaced ran very well. Can’t remember all the names but did do a track aptly named Waterworld on the opposite side of the hill which was good but tricky in places.
    Best trails I’ve ridden in the UK, in fact I haven’t quite got over it. Need to get back sooner rather than later.
    Some of the trails are very similar to off-piste Grizedale but longer and there’s just a lot more of them!

riklegge

Yes, over the past few visits I have gone to Golfie, off-piste GT and Inners off piste, they are all excellent. As you say, you can find similar riding elsewhere (even bits of Wharncliffe aren’t too different) but nowhere near as long or as extensive. I could happily live there!

fergal
    Free Member

Yep the Tweed valley is unbeatable, have been sampling the Golfy again recently, brill foray on tues in sunshine with bomber conditions, warmed up on Community service still a great trail then over to Boner, forgot how steep this is and yes it survived the Enduro :-), finished on Feed the Pony after the delightful vert bog hike, very much worth the Qualifier.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Innerliethen advice please!’ is closed to new replies.