• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by P20.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Innerleithen snow update… no riding, so I built this!
  • stooo
    Free Member

Been heavy snow on and off all week in the Scottish Borders, been stuck working remotely from home as can’t get to Edinburgh safely.

Must be a couple of feet of lovely powdery snow out there now. Desperate to get out on the trails, but not sure it’s gonna be rideable.

Trying to keep my 3 yr old daughter entertained today … so I built her this

Igloo by night. by StoooPotter, on Flickr

jedi

now thats rad!

scaredypants

now thats rEd!

Chernobyl snow ?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

wonderful!

stooo
    Free Member

was dark by the time it was properly finished, vestibule and all… so it’s a night time shot taken with my iphone and I illuminated the interior with the help of a dealextreme Trustfire torch.

Thinking of renting it out to folk coming up to use the uplift 🙂

tollah
    Free Member

Ah reminds me of Greenland!

singlespeedstu

tollah – Member

Ah reminds me of Greenland!

You ever been to Greenland?

tollah
    Free Member

No

singlespeedstu

😆

metalheart
    Free Member

Cool! Trust she is suitably chuffed… 😀

rhys
    Free Member

Built ours on Saturday and the kids slept in it Saturday night. We were in the tent nearby. -4 I reckon it was the only lived in igloo in Cornwall

Sunday morning

stooo
    Free Member

metalheart – yes, she’s very impressed… though not as pleased with it as I am, it’s like the best thing I’ve ever built 🙂

Rhys – that’s pretty cool (pun intended) … tempted to sleep in mine, but it being right next to my house (with nice warm comfy bed, heating… and loving wife) I decided to give it a miss.

Kunstler

Superb igloos. I was pretty pleased when we made this shoddy example at Glenshee last year.

I was so proud that when we left I went to tell a family that were sledging just below to go and look at an actual, real and obviously amazing igloo (it’s an igloo!) that we had just built but they just politely ushered the children away from the deranged man and his insane eskimoo talk and pink shovelsledge.

Sleeping in one is something else. It really is.

stooo
    Free Member

nothing in life can compare to the sense of achievement associated with building one’s own igloo.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Superb!

P20

Work in progress. I admit i’ve cheated for the roof 😳

Igloo!!!! by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

Igloo!!!! by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen snow update… no riding, so I built this!’ is closed to new replies.