Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Innerleithen snow?
  • portydave
    Free Member

Thinking of a trip down from Aberdeen this weekend and wondering if it’s worth it? Anyone been out or live down there and have any reports?

Cheers!

joshvegas
    Free Member

The half inch of snow in peebles has melted.

I can’t see us getting more.

portydave
    Free Member

Aye, didnae think you’d had as much as us, so sounds worth a shot. Cheers

dmck16
    Free Member
    legend
    Free Member

Inners is grand in the snow anyway

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Was at gt on saturday doing various off piste stuff. Ground was rock solid, about a cm of snow at the mast but mainly just hard, hard frost. (It was minus 9.5 though)

joshvegas
    Free Member

Its warmed up alot.

portydave
    Free Member

Just wondered if anyone had an update? Folk keep suggesting it’s going to be mega icy tomorrow and not worth it….but I reckon it will be fine. Any intel appreciated! Cheers

BoardinBob

GT facebook page is very snowy down to the peel. They’ve cancelled the trailfairy session due to snow/ ice.

Can’t see inners being much fun if it’s frozen. Should be ok in the trees, but fireroads and exposed bits will be a write off

dmck16
    Free Member

A couple of centimeters fell in the town early this morning, although most of that has melted now.

Not been out on the hills today so can’t really comment on trail conditions.

When it’s freezing out, I tend to avoid the trail centre trails as they are most likely to sheet over (in favour of more off piste).
    Might be trickier than usual in places, but still good fun.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I was thinking fireroad, trail centre trails etc will be very icy at the moment but I’m just guessing!

portydave
    Free Member

Aye was planning golfie and/or thornielee so sure the trails will be fine, but not so sure about the fire roads.

joshvegas
    Free Member

It snowed it melted.

Its now freezing nicely.

rOcKeTdOg

Treacherous paths in peebles tonight, making it easier by having beer

joshvegas
    Free Member

Aye its 50 50 on what pavements are cleared.

rOcKeTdOg

Cracking day at GT today

dmck16
    Free Member

I’m at work today unfortunately, but spotted this photo of conditions just now – https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcw1rLABTzH/

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen snow?’ is closed to new replies.