Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Innerleithen Mountain Time Trial
  • iwluap

Rode (mostly!) the Innerleithen Enduro this weekend, which was a cracking event (thanks to Ineerleithen MTB Racing and all the marshals). Completely out of my comfort zone, but good to do something like that. More ability, fitness and cajones would have seen me slightly further away from the bottom of the rankings!

Anyhoo, quite interested in the mountain time trial but not entirely sure what the format of the event is – is it a timed race up the hill, more up than down..? Has anyone got anymore details?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Previously it’s been 3 laps of a shortish circuit, using some of the climbs from yesterday and a DH back down (IME not as tough as yesterday’s). All times in a one-er.

Great event.

iwluap

thanks cynic-al. Sounds like just the thing. See if I can beat my placing from yesterday.

hels
    Free Member

We have run it as laps of a circuit in the past, the last couple of years however has been point to point one long loop 25-30km, which is what we are planning for this year.

Riders leave at one minute intervals much like a roadie TT, but much much much, not enough superlatives can describe, more fun !!

It has exactly the same amount of up as it has down. Honest.

richmtb

Completely out of my comfort zone, but good to do something like that. More ability, fitness and cajones would have seen me slightly further away from the bottom of the rankings!

Sound exactly like me to be honest,

I was glad to see the finish after holding on for dear life for most of the downhill stages!

I’m considering the Time trial as well though

iwluap

Thanks Hels. Still sounding like a event I want to have a crack at – is the field the same size as the enduro?

Best get training now!

hels
    Free Member

The field has varied over the years 80-120. We had 130 at the Enduro on sunday.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen Mountain Time Trial’ is closed to new replies.