Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • inner tubes and tubeless wheel milk
  • dobo
    Free Member

my new inner tubes for my cross bike have removable core valves, which is great so was wondering if anyone runs them with stans or justridingalong wheel milk and does it actualy work/seal punctures?

Just so we are clear here, i run tubeless on my mountain bike and know it works well on that but will it work with tubes?

they are conti cross tubes if that matters, and was thinking of using the conti race tubes with my race tyres when i race…

scruff
    Free Member

I have stans in my CX small block 8s, it will still seal a hole.

igm

Firstly – try it and see. I mean what could go wrong.

Secondly – I doubt it will work well because if a thorn say punctures the tyre and tube, it will be held by the tyre (ie not the tube) and as the tyre and tube move slightly against each other with each rotation, the seal on the tube would be constantly moved/rubbed/broken. Slime gets mixed reviews and that is a much more viscous fluid, so Stan’s and the like probably ain’t going to do it.

Thirdly – see the first point. I’m often wrong.

EDIT – I may have been beaten to a sensible reply – is that using inner tubes or tubeless though Scruff?

dobo
    Free Member

scruff as per igm, is that using tubes?

igm i had the same thoughts as you but you never know.

anyone else swear by it or know its useless?

doodlebug
    Free Member

dobo – Yes i use this combination all the time on my commute. I use conti supersonic tubes and remove the inner core and syringe one measure of Stans milk into the tube. If i puncture i loose a little pressure, but at least i’m not in the gutter at 6am on a dark, cold morning !! I guess you will be fine for cross racing …..

martinxyz
    Free Member

possibly a good idea for commuting but take it offroad and you snake bite then its not going to seal. Leaving you wishing you had no tube in there at all! How about a fluid filled innertube slipped into a tubeless setup? Fluid inside and outside the tube!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘inner tubes and tubeless wheel milk’ is closed to new replies.