Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Inland Revenue wants and average £1500 back tax from 1.5m people!!
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

But the good news is 4.5m will get an average rebate of £400.

Anyone actually know which groups will be affected, or how the I.R. arrived at these figures?

I do know they traced these errors through their uber-expensive new computer system.

I remember the old days, before they sacked all their tax experts, replacing them with the now defunct computer system and people were landed with the self-assessment system.

As an employee, you either had to pay an accountant, or submit a lengthy form which was difficult to comprehend. Then came the online service which made life pretty straightforward, that is, until now!

druidh
    Free Member

I suppose they had to fund my £12k tax refund somehow.

iain1775
    Free Member

Im not repaying. I have one of those little signs that says "please check your change before leaving as mistakes cannot be rectified later"

project
    Free Member

They have to pay for the war with afganistan, iraq, and anyone else they start a war with also bliars pension, and police protection,for ever, while pensioners get attaked for a pittance in their own homes,by thugs.

Oh and its about 26 quid a week to pay back.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Is it not to do with employers/employees getting things wrong rather than the IR? Maybe people who have more than one job or who've changed jobs.

jj55

…. oh and someone has to pay the money they grant to build singletracks in the Forestry Commission sites 😯

warton
    Free Member

basically the new system has scanned the database for accounts that have not had any of the last 6 years reconciled. then using the new multi year processing they have reconciled the last few years of these accounts, the accounts affected will be sent p800s explaining what they are owed / owe and why.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

True story – A long time ago I received a letter from the local tax office saying come in and see us to discuss your tax rebate. Of course I went and after ten minutes of some old bird furiously tapping the keyboard announced that they had made a mistake and I owed them exactly £1, but to forget it for making me come into the office 😯

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Inland Revenue wants and average £1500 back tax from 1.5m people!!’ is closed to new replies.