Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Injury recovery help needed.
  • jova54
    Free Member

A couple of Thursdays ago the bike and I had a parting of ways at fairly low speed which resulted in a bang on my right knee and pedal rash on the back of my right calf.

Everything seemed OK but for a bit of stiffness in my right leg until the Sunday when I could hardly walk and certainly not drive the car. Mrs Jova reckoned my knee was swollen so I got to see the doc and he gave me some anti-inflamatories.

The swelling seems to have gone down but I'm left with a 'stabbing' pain in the muscles on the top of my right thigh, a pain in my right knee and a dull ache in my right buttock.

I can walk with a limp and drive without too many problems, standing is not a problem but sitting for a prolonged time or sleeping is very uncomfortable. I haven't been back on the bike since.

Anyone got any idea what it might be and what I can do about it?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

the pain in your thigh and buttock could be sciatica, the pain in your knee from the knock. could also be muscle tear in the thigh or bruising

Could be anyone of a number of issues however. Your GP is the person to go to

jova54
    Free Member

Cheers TJ. Thought it might be sciatica but assumed that went down the back of the leg.

I'll have to give the gatekeepers a call on Monday and see if I can get an appointment on Tuesday morning.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Injury recovery help needed.’ is closed to new replies.