Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • informal tax and investment advice – where to find?
  • Lofty
    Free Member

i wonder if anyone may be able to help….. if someone was looking for some informal financial advice on tax effcinecies and investment ideas where would you look? There are many firms who can offer heavily regulated expensive advice, which is 90% compliance focused. Instead, what would be really useful is some more informal advice on ideas to explore to find efficiency in a fairly complicated tax affairs due multiple incomes and prioritising investments etc. Any ideas??

dannybgoode

No where that you should trust. *any* advice on which matters is either via Internet forums with all the inherent risk thereof or regulated which gives you a modicum of protection.

Would you really want informal advice on matters, which if go wrong, could cost you ££££££. Also tax efficiency advice is massively high risk and **** that up and you could be spending some rather unpleasant time with HMRC explaining your affairs…

the-muffin-man

“fairly complicated tax affairs” and “informal tax and investment advice” are not two things that go together!

Possibly get an advisor from a company like the NFU Mutual to visit you? They have a good reputation.

Lofty
    Free Member

Sorry just to be clear…. it’s not forum based advice I’m looking for. It’s suggestions for who to speak to?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sorry but you won’t get worthwhile advice on stuff like this cheap.

It’s complex, it’s worth money…go figure.

tomhoward

I believe Jimmy Carr and Gary Barlow know a chap who can help. Maybe ask them?

thecaptain
    Free Member

Ask me. Or alternatively, post here, and see what suggestions you get.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘informal tax and investment advice – where to find?’ is closed to new replies.