Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • INFO PLEASE: Chumba Evo G2 frame/bike? I might buy one
  • YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

As per title, has anyone ridden one or seen one up close?

I’ve seen a nice one and may go for it.

Info on them is slim at best!

I saw there was a chap on here selling them around 4yrs ago- does he still do them?

Any info appreciated.

Cheers!

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Chumba Uk no longer exist. shame as they were good bikes. I had a hardtail HX which was great.

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

I thi, nk they had clearance issues with the frame/linkage on the first production batch – sorted with an updated link I think , Do a search on mtbr chumba was getting a lot of bad press when these frames were made but are now in the hands of new owners I think

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Hi think they are still going in the USA. Good up to date website etc.

I may well take the plunge. It’s a used frame and has had no issues yet so should be fine.

Cheers,

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I believe the rear end was flexier than a very flexy thing which caused the issues mentioned above. If you can look at the archived mtbr Chumba thread about it there was quite a bit of info in there.

I’m not sure how much help “new” Chumba would be regarding spares etc as spares and back-up were one of the many areas which had been left to go totally tits up by the owner of “old” Chumba. Having said that I’ve spoken to new Chumba and they seem really helpful so you could drop them an email.

Chumba were imported into the UK by Si at Progessive Bikes but he was left in the lurch by the previous owner as well if I remember rightly.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Ivan: great info thank you. I’ve been on the Chumba website and everything is there for the frame in terms of spares so I’m not too worried about that.

I will take a look at mtbr. It’s a tough forum to search though.

Cheers

fatyowls
    Free Member

I had a V2 impressive build, lovely shot peened finsh in blue, rp23 shock carbon rear couldn’t fault it.

northernmatt

Haven’t ridden one but a chap I used to ride with bought one a couple of years ago direct from Chumba. He dealt direct and got a very very good deal on the frame, shock and a set of forks. I think this may have been old Chumba. He wasn’t worried about spares as he took it to pieces once he got and had some spare linkages and hangers machined.

He didn’t have any bother with it afaik but then I haven’t seen him for about a year.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Some more pro- purchase things coming through here. I’m finding it hard to resist. It looks brand new and is under my £500 budget

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘INFO PLEASE: Chumba Evo G2 frame/bike? I might buy one’ is closed to new replies.