Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Info on Healy Nab, near Rivi
  • carlos
    Free Member

Hi All,

Not heard of the place before even though I’ve ridden past it quite a few times on a Rivi loop.

Had a look on the web site and it looks pretty sweet.

Anyone actually ridden it?? Whats it like?? things I should know etc??

TIA
    Carl

simondbarnes

It’s fun for a little blast as part of a longer loop. Not much to know really, just follow the arrows 🙂

carlos
    Free Member

Cheers.

Might give it an hr or so messing about tomorrow.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Was thinking of heading up there myself tomorrow, however there appears to be more ‘biblical’ rain forecast!

samuri
    Free Member

It’s mostly in the trees so it should be reasonably dry once you get there unless it’s properly caning it down.

carlos
    Free Member

As I’m off to Rivi anyway, I’ll at least have a look. Not fussed about the rain, prob means no Red Socks about

Junkyard
    Free Member

it muddies up quite quickly and is a miss mash of intertwining trails. I would be careful the first time on the black [ you may end up on it by accident – left is black right is red iirc but dont hold me to that] as the proximity of the trees means the failure penalty will be high.
    It is a bit short and does not flow IMHO. More a short blast for lite DH than XC or trail centre. It is not hard to find from Heapey fold lane though with an obvious turn .IMHO

djflexure

Did it the other week (a couple of times) as part of a loop from Rivington. Thought it was ace.

stumpyjon

Info on Healey Nab and a downlaod of the trails leaflet can be found here http://www.pmba.org.uk/healeynab.htm plus a little vid.

tommytowtruck

Worth a look if you’re riding in the area anyway. Some parts do get a bit muddy after rain but not too bad.

carlos
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies.

I didn’t make it up there today as drank to much and stayed up to late last night and slept in. 😉 and as I was hepling a mate move house ran out of time, so I ended up doing a shorter route round Rivi instead in the mist and rain, I’ll prob try and get up there when it dries out a bit and take in the longer route.

Thanks again

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Info on Healy Nab, near Rivi’ is closed to new replies.