Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • INFO: 'Getting around' insurance value limits
  • edsbike
    Free Member

Just a heads up here, something that I didn’t know until today that may be useful to some:

Coop (and many others) have a limit on the value of a single bike (£2500), but they will let you insure the ‘bike’ and then, for example, the wheels can be covered separately. And, as the wheels are less than £1000, they’re covered on personal possessions when they’re out and about and on garage insurance when they’re in the garage.

All completely legit, and they said it was fair enough if you’ve put the bike together yourself and it’s not stock.

Could be helpful to some.

I added up the full retail value of every part on my bikes, and was truly shocked at what it came to, both cost me less than half what they’re ‘worth’ to the insurance company.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Good luck in a claim where the whole bike is stolen ….

Thats all im saying.

Unless i got the above explicetly written down on an official document i wouldnt be willing to risk it.

edsbike
    Free Member

Triple checked the above and been ok’d with ‘management’. Specifically asked what would happen if the whole bike got nicked. As long as it doesn’t go over the personal possessions limit all fine apparently.

Got it all stated in an email after the phone call.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘INFO: 'Getting around' insurance value limits’ is closed to new replies.