Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Inflatable mattress?
  • ashfanman
    Free Member

Just had to chuck out yet another inflatable mattress as it’s started deflating during the night.

Anyone got any suggestions for ones that actually work and last more than a few months?

Ta.

cynic-al
    Free Member

you know you can fix them?

Cougar

Last thing that got chucked out of our bedroom for deflating during the night was me after an evening on the real ale.

ashfanman
    Free Member

you know you can fix them?

With your bodging skills, I’ve no doubt. But I don’t have any carbon fibre to hand.

This one is leaking from the valve and I’m chucking it anyway as it’s old and was given to us by my gf’s mother. I just thought I’d see if anyone had any suggestions before I get another one, as I’ve had one start leaking in the past within a few uses (that one was returned to the shop).

Last thing that got chucked out of our bedroom for deflating during the night was me after an evening on the real ale.

Very good. 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

well it’s nice to be appreciated.

petrieboy

AeroBed are very good if a little expensive.

Cougar

Very good

It’s just a shame you didn’t say the mattress was going down on you in the middle of the night. That makes for a wholly different punchline.

nickdavies

Aerobed – had one as a spare room/travelling bed for about 5 years now and it’s great – more comfy than my regular mattress. One puncture – aerobed sent me a repair kit FOC and perfect ever since.

Cougar

In seriousness, what do you need it for?

I’ve found inflatable mattresses to be universally rubbish. Camp mats are far better. The Alpkit ones are very good for the money.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Got some camper van mats for my van and they were so much better, 4 sections low profile and very comfy. Better than the 5 dead air beds

ashfanman
    Free Member

In seriousness, what do you need it for?

A temporary double bed for the spare bedroom. I don’t have enough room for a full bed (that room is primarily used as a home office and bike storage), so want something that is comfortable yet packs away when not in use so I can shove it in the wardrobe.

I’m not sure camp mats would really be suitable, and two of the Alpkit Dozers would come to £120, which is a bit spendy.

nedrapier

I’ve found inflatable mattresses to be universally rubbish.

So did I, until we got an Aerobed. 7- 8″ thick double mattress. Including the pump, it folds up into a bag the same size as 2 thermarests. very comfy, taut, and tunable, not wallowy unless you want it to be. Doesn’t lose air. Had it for 4-5 years.

Not the cheapest, but it paid for itself very early on. We took it to Norway for 2 1/2 weeks’ car camping, expecting to pay for a night or two’s accommodation at some point. We didn’t because the bed was as comfy as we’d want it to be, and we could wake up in a private “room” by a lake.

Fitted sheet, feather pillows and down duvet ftw – again, not much bigger than 2 big sleeping bags.

blows up to fit the back of the mondeo too.

nedrapier
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Inflatable mattress?’ is closed to new replies.