• This topic has 27 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Ro5ey.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Inexplicably hard things
  • sandwicheater

What do you struggle with inexplicably?

For me, children’s names. It shouldn’t be this hard. Hopefully have a new sandwich consumer arriving December. Can’t for the life of us come up with a name.

That and eating yoghurt. Always end up on my tie or lap.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Time travel, or the concept of it. I still can not figure out Interstellars ending..

Also, light.. not only Light Years (which confuses the heck right out of me) but I struggle with the concept of how the Sun radiates light..

😐

sandwicheater

I struggle with the concept of how the Sun radiates light..

That’s easy. It’s that god thingy, in it.

seadog101

Remembering names, terrible.

bencooper
    Free Member

Faces. And names. I’m rubbish at recognising people, basically.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Modern life.

trail_rat
    Free Member

setting up the crumb trail navigation feature on my edge 500…..

be as well following actual breadcrumbs !

stumpy01

trail_rat – Member

setting up the crumb trail navigation feature on my edge 500…..

Oh, yes! This.

matt_outandabout

Not going on STW too much.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Having an opinion on soft furnishings. Just can’t do it.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

seeing the world via colleagues and managers that I am supposed to influence, just rubbish, others seem to get it straight away but I’m much more foot in mouth. tell it like it is.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Filling up my Evoc bladder!

The black plastic slidey thing seems to inexplicitly jam almost every time I try to seal it up and the pipe is inexplicitly difficult to connect again if I disconnected it. Useless thing.

sazter

Remembering who people are if they don’t have their bike with them, if they do have the bike then it’s 14764% easier.

ads678

We had the same issue as the OP when we had kids, we didn’t give my son a middle name just in case we had another boy, cos we only had two boys names we liked!!

Spose we could have just reversed them.

stevied
    Free Member

Remembering names and shopping items.

Worked in a very busy pub in Malvern many moons ago so lots of people know me by name, I know most of those people as ‘mate’.. 😳

IHN

Tightening headsets.

Too tight *slacken* too loose *tighten* too tight *slacken* too loose *tighten* … [repeat to fade]

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

iTunes/ipod totally lost.

i_like_food

Saying ‘No’ to stuff that you know is a good idea and in an ideal world you’d enjoy… but that you also know that you absolutely 100% don’t have the time to commit to doing it properly so you’ll probably let them down and it won’t end up being a good idea. This is true^3 hard for family or mates stuff.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I think carrying lots of flat / folded up moving boxes is really difficult

hatter

Dried on Weetabix, hardest substance known to man, if I could just work out how to make chainrings out of it I’d be rich, I tell you, rich!

MoreCashThanDash

Planning a route and uploading it to my Edge 500. Takes several evenings usually.

DaRC_L

For me, children’s names.

when they were little the amount of times I’d end up cycling through their names before I got to the right one to berate them is innumerable
    “Oi J, S, no C what are you doing?”

retro83
    Free Member

Putting a USB thingy in the right way up on the first go.

hatter – Member

Dried on Weetabix, hardest substance known to man, if I could just work out how to make chainrings out of it I’d be rich, I tell you, rich!

You’d also need a chain and therefore cassette made out of it, it would eat through that puny steel in no time!

ski
    Free Member

Breaking in new work boots, takes months of pain, blisters and sore feet, only for them to be transformed overnight to the most comfortable things you could ever put on your feet, for only the next day to have them fall to bits! You are then back to square one, new boots, pain, blisters, etc

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Wurtzite Boron Nitride

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Having an opinion on soft furnishings. Just can’t do it.

The acceptance of and the existence of superfluous soft furnishings, chintzy hotel rooms that look like Spandau Ballet did the decor………..it must cease!!!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Getting a six year old to put his shoes on.

When I finally achieve this seemingly impossible task i’m always just a tiny bit disappointed that I don’t win a crystal……

Ro5ey
    Free Member

The wife moans about how I put towels onto the towel rail

She has shown me, countless times, how to fold them in the way she’d like and she makes it look really easy.

I just can’t do it 🙄

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Inexplicably hard things’ is closed to new replies.