Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Inevitable weekly/daily What Tyre: Front tyre with added gnarl, single ply…
  • Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Howdo. Only me again.

Currently running a super tacky Maxxis Minion 2.3 up front, which I love to bits (my mates don’t though, least, not in the faster corners).

However, it’s a bit heavy, and I’d like to find a lighter tyre that gives me the same gnarl overall (bites into the corners, drops in without dropping off as it tips over, grabs when I hit the brakes, that sort of jazz).

I’ve religiously used Minions, especially having done 4 Mega’s so they’re a trusted tyre. I’ve stopped using HR’s at the back, having been recommended the Advantage – which was a great move, a tyre I really like.

My chappie Rob at my LBS (Psyclewerx) recommended putting an Advantage up front (something he’s done) which I raised an eyebrow at – but I’m willing to try something new:

What are others using for a bit of gnarl up front?

Bike: Zesty with 140mm front/rear, and used for aggresive XC*. Like, ya know. Gnarl.

*currently mainly razzing around the new AC/LW trails in Bristol

matt_outandabout

Advantage 2.4 here 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

Rubber Queen 2.2 Black chilli – light, decent grip unless it gets really muddy.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Long time Minion user here – now running Conti Baron up front. Worth a shot. Rubber Queens are decent too, but lack the edge bite of the Baron/Minion.
    I too razz the LW/AC trails – the benefit of the Baron is that you can switch from Yer Tiz/Nova to some of the off piste stuff and they handle the slop well, similar to the Minion but grippier.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Inevitable weekly/daily What Tyre: Front tyre with added gnarl, single ply…’ is closed to new replies.