Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Induction hobs – are they worth paying extra for?
  • oddjob
    Free Member

Our oven is on the way out. It looks like an induction hob is a couple of hundred quid more than a standard ceramic one. (Maybe because they are on the more tricked out ovens)

Are they worth the extra cash?

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

depends how impatient you are. but they are meant to be more efficient so you could see it as an investment to save on the energy bills.

allthepies
    Free Member

You may need to buy new pots and pans if your current ones aren’t “compatible” with the induction heating process.

fadda

Ours is very good, but remember that you do have to be careful to get the right pans to use. Not all of them work on an induction hob.

Edit: too slow!

woffle
    Free Member

I really like ours – went from gas and find it as equally adjustable (compared to electric especially), it’s much faster to heat up and given ours had the most energy efficient rating (AA?) I presume cheaper to use too. It’ll beat an electric kettle to the boil.

The only pain is find compatible cookware – not as bad it used to be as John Lewis basics etc are now all induction friendly so you can get reasonably priced bits.

scotia
    Free Member

all ikea stuff is ‘compatible’..test with a magnet..if it sticks it’ll work..

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Have used one for a week or so here and there on holiday and they’re great. Super quick to boil, super quick to stop delivering heat (as gas) but also very controllable so much easier to stop things boiling over than either gas or electric. I’d have one at home next time.

However, the one I used had fiddly touch controls – I’m not sure if they all do.

martinh
    Free Member

Yes, love ours. So quick to the boil.

ps44
    Free Member

Absolutely. We’ve had one for a few years now. Very fast heating and immediate adjustment.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Induction hobs – are they worth paying extra for?’ is closed to new replies.