Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Indonesia – where's good? Tips, advice etc please…
  • wl
    Free Member

Anyone been to Indonesia and have any tips, recommendations etc? How does it compare to SE Asia? It’s a big place – difficult to know where to start. I’m not interested in Bali, and not doing any biking either. Just looking for somewhere interesting, friendly and with some wow factor. Opportunities for getting off the beaten track, and maybe some hiking too. Ta.

skiboy
    Free Member

ow ow me me,,,

Bali, go to Ubud the old capital in the middle of the island, fantastic place no beaches so no tourist trap as such, climb a volcano, go to the monkey forest and temple, get raped by a monkey etc..

try flores, amazing place, labuanbago is like the fishing village at the end of the world, i stayed on a small island there called seraya cercil, best 3 weeks of my life and only cost 32 quid all in including the boat trip from the mainland(both me and the wife). go to komondo, rinca etc..see the dragons

buy a lonely planet and get an air ticket

wl
    Free Member

Ok, so maybe I should consider looking at Bali, among other places. Ta.

flip
    Free Member

13,000 island take yer pick, i went here and there, all over, 10yrs ago now though can’t remember where really, it’s all good in different ways, enjoy!

Fueled
    Free Member

You can take a good trip down the length of Java – start in Jakarta and finish in Bali. Mt Bromo is supposed to be amazing but was ruined by weather when I was there. Borobodur is pretty neat too.

If you want to escape the crowds, go for a walk into Ijen crater (you can arrange guides in Yogjakarta). Amazing scenery, pretty sulphurous lake, and bizarre medievially industrial mines in the bottom by the lake to extract liquid sulphur. Incredibly friendly guys work all day long carrying huge yellow lumps out of the crater in order to earn some pitiful wage. Amazing people. Incredible place to visit and a highlight of South East Asia for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Indonesia – where's good? Tips, advice etc please…’ is closed to new replies.