Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Indian Summer
  • chestercopperpot
    Free Member

I’m preparing with mud tyres, sandbags and gore-tex. Any predictions on the next “cold snap”

The climates f$$ked and we are all going to die, who’s fault is it? Is it the dole scum, single mothers and immigrants, is it all of us, Dave’s strivers, the hard working families, politicians, corporations, macroeconomics, god (insert deity of choice), cosmic forces, HAARP (not the shite Lager), muslamic ray guns? I want answers.

Northwind

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@ northwind – Could catch on. Celebrate the good days is that the message? if so not really the doom-n-gloom tone and in-fighting I so wanted. Disappointed TBH 0-10.

ineedabeer
    Free Member

We are off upto Northumberland next week and just seen the forecast …………BUGGER! 🙁

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Do we know the origin of the term Indian Summer? I’d like to think it’s because the quality of light from September on is similar to the light in India. Sorry, that’s sounds lame. I’ll get my coat.

rOcKeTdOg

Bangladesh is in India, that always used to flood when I was a kid

cheers_drive

Er Bangladesh is a country in the Indian sub continent.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Blame la nina and the pesky oceans.. Damn you southern oscillations.

scruff
    Free Member

Shes a nice looking lady…

welshfarmer

Did that song about 99 Red Balloons too. Hairy armpits IIRC

scandal42
    Free Member

The weather is totally shit, the summer has been undeniably shit, and winter will be a grey, dank pile of utter shit with no snow but a constant deluge of gargantuan proportions of pissing, mucky, cold harsh rain.

People will die from just looking at the weather this winter, **** everything.

fathomer

scandal42 – Member

The weather is totally shit, the summer has been undeniably shit, and winter will be a grey, dank pile of utter shit with no snow but a constant deluge of gargantuan proportions of pissing, mucky, cold harsh rain.

People will die from just looking at the weather this winter, **** everything.

In a good place at the minute mate 😀

Though I do agree, the summer has been rather shite!

ahwiles
    Free Member

scandal42 – Member
    … the summer has been undeniably shit…

i’ll deny it.

went for a ride on sunday, lovely and warm it was. in fact it was so lovely i was forced to stop and have an ice cream in the shade of a willow tree beside a stream, next to a cricket field.

only a few days before that we were in Northumberland, did a lap of Kielder Water, in conditions that can only be described as ‘idyllic’.

scandal42
    Free Member

Denial ignored 😀

I got **** drenched to the point where the rain was bouncing off the floor and giving me an uppercut.

I wouldn’t have looked out of place if I had ridden with a snorkel and flippers.

In a good place at the minute mate

😆 Sam, feeling particularly chipper this morning.

ahwiles
    Free Member

ok, i’ll let you into my secret.

i have a crystal ball

just get out (and back!) before the rain starts (again).

Alex

It’s all a bit October out there isn’t it? Summer here has been pretty good. Ridden a lot of dry trails under a fair amount of sunshine. Obviously that’s all is the past now and I don’t expect another dry ride until next April.

Except for 10 days in the Ardeche starting a week on Saturday 🙂

core

It’s not happening here, I reckon the local trails are buggered now until the spring, total mudfest, and my favourite bridleway will be flooded with cow shit by now…….

Seriously contemplating going down to 1 mtb (soul), and getting a bridleslayer (cx/grave/adventure/enduroad/gnarpoon).

I did loads of riding from March ’til June, then once or twice a week through summer, a lot of trail centre stuff, some local mixed rides, nowhere near enough.

Really need to crack on though didn’t really ride much from about October until February last year and put on a stone! Have since lost it but want to shed another by xmas!

scandal42
    Free Member

It’s been the cloudiest summer I can ever remember

rOcKeTdOg

Commuted with knee warmers, arm warmers & cap today. Leaves on the ground, wet and windy, winter is the next season we’re already in autumn!

scandal42
    Free Member

2 seasons

Absolutely **** horrible, freezing cold, raining constantly, utter shit

Still **** horrible, a little bit warmer, still windy and still raining and still loads of massive **** off clouds. Possibly interspersed with very occasional brief sunshine.

zippykona

I’m a grumpy sod but I reckon we’ve had a good summer. It’s certainly been dry.

scandal42
    Free Member

Dry doesn’t equate to good summer in my miserable world.

sparkyrhino

Do hairy armpits = growler, hope so 😯

whitestone
    Free Member

A typical summer really though spring was unseasonably cold and dank (our veg garden never really got going). I think we missed the worst two weeks by fortuitously being in France 😛

Nearly all the trails in the Dales have been bone dry for much of the summer, except for just after rain of course, even the slutchy quagmire ones like Boss Moor have been fine.

grannyjone
    Free Member

This August has been crap, mostly terrible weather. Hope we get a good September and October or its certainly going to be poor for an extremely long time.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Indian Summer’ is closed to new replies.