Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Indian Cycling Video
  • turboferret

Thought I would share my first HD video taken with my new GoPro HD.

The camera purchase was inspired by MTB-Idle and his Commuting Video 8)

The Ride Home

Still waiting for an official mount, until which point zip ties and insulation tape will have to suffice, which means that the camera sits a little further back than ideal, so the legs are in shot more than I would like. Pretty pleased with the result though.

Traffic during the week is a little more exciting 😆

Cheers, Rich

plumber
    Free Member

enjoyed that

retro83
    Free Member

that was great, tuktuk drivers are mentalists

turboferret

The random U-turning tuktuks are sure to add some excitement to a ride 😆

There appear to be 2 rules here:
    1: bigger vehicles have right of way
    2: don't hit the car in front

The 2nd rule is quite interesting, it means that you can turn left or right out of a minor road onto a major road, and not look to see if it's safe or clear, as it is the responsibility of everyone else not to hit you 😯

Combine this with typical road repairs

Comically overloaded delivery trikes

and the frequent remains of crashed trucks

it makes everything quite exciting…

Cheers, Rich

maxray
    Free Member

Thats ace, but yeah if you can move if forward so you are not staring at your ass for the whole video it would be loads better. 😀

The thing with these videos is you need an obscure extreme commute like that for them to work, an "ass cam" of me tottering along to Leamington of a day would be hellishly boring!

Good work.

2hottie
    Free Member

Top video that, when I was in India what amazed me was that although there seemed to be no traffic rules it all worked surprisingly well.. your certainly brave riding a road bike there!

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Hey there Mr Ferret,

Only just seen this as I was searching for GoPro references. Nice video and thanks for the name check for the inspiration.

A very different commute/ride home than mine, a lot more colourful and traffic all over the place. Looks even more scary than commuting in central London. But at least they drive on the left!

mogrim

Great vid, riding in that traffic looks like a real laugh! Just one question: Aren't Gillette's finest products available in India then?

tang
    Free Member

must be hot right now!
    this is what you need

my indian rides, bombproof.

soobalias
    Free Member

im just not comfortable staring through your legs for seven minutes,

reminds me i was going to get some 3/4s tho

oink1
    Free Member

Nice vid, good choice of Oakenfold for the tunes – carry on…

samuri
    Free Member

nice. Looks like fun, if a little crazy.

slowjo
    Free Member

Strangely, it looks like it is a green screen shot. Probably something to do with the fact that your bike is in perfect focus while the background isn't. That is not to say that I didn't enjoy it though, as I did!

snowslave

Liked this a lot, there's a certain "penis cam" aspect to it which is fascinating! 😉

I went to Chennai once, and it took me a few days to be able to hold a conversation in the taxi – I was too focused on the madness around me. You're brave to ride in Indian traffic mate.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Indian Cycling Video’ is closed to new replies.