Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • indestructible water bladder
  • headfirst
    Free Member

Is there such a thing? Over the years I’ve been through a couple of camelbaks, a kona one, a no name one from an outdoor shop and now a lezyne one has failed in several places at once, including holes in the hose which is a new one for me!

I do look after them and clean and dry them after use. Am I right in thinking camelbak now offer a long guarantee on theirs? I’m after a 3 litre one, recommendations please.

druidh
    Free Member

IIRC, Platypus have a lifetime guarantee.

headfirst
    Free Member

Cheers, will have a look

igorl
    Free Member

Doesn’t camelback also have lifetime on bladders? I remember this when I bought mine (like 4 years ago).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Osprey has very much impressed me.

bighendo
    Free Member

dont store them folded or rolled up!!!!

headfirst
    Free Member

Stored flat inside backpack.

Platypus seem lightweight and a bit flimsy according to reviews on a couple of sights. Will check out Osprey and re-visit camelbak – it must be at least 5 years since I had one of theirs.

sambob
    Free Member

Camelbak will probably work for a while. [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9iV2A-6Ol8[/video]

bigG
    Free Member

I often wonder how people manage to make these things break / leak. I’ve been using the same two litre camelback bladder for about eight years and it’s showing no signs of wear at all. The new (six years) 3 litre one has seen just about the same amount of use and is in great condition too. What am I doing differently to maintain them? I just wash them out and hang them up to dry using my home made camelback dryers (folded wire coat hangers)

headfirst
    Free Member

Right, I’ve ordered myself an Osprey one – look very well made and this:

All Mighty Guarantee: OSPREY’S LIFETIME WARRANTY

on their official website sealed the deal! Cheers folks.

EDIT: interesting camelbak video, but I always thought they were a UK based company?

theflatboy
    Free Member

how do these get damaged? i’ve got a 2L camelbak one that is more than a decade old and still seems about the same as when i got it!

headfirst
    Free Member

how do these get damaged?

I dunno 😕

Maybe I shouldn’t give them to the cat to play with…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘indestructible water bladder’ is closed to new replies.