Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Indecisive about my drivetrain
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve got RaceFace Turbine LP CD cranks with a Signature XS ISIS bottom bracket that are both running fine and i have no issue with ISIS.

However, my chainrings are worn and need replacing.

Do I spend £70 on these Raceface rings

Or would i be better spending £80 on last years XT chainset with bottom bracket and rings?

poppa
    Free Member

If you buy the XT you can always just swap the rings and sell/keep the cranks? Shimano chainrings are pretty good quality I think.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I can’t swap the rings over. The RaceFace cranks are 5 bolt CD. One of the reasons I’m considering the XT as 5 arm stuff seems to be less available than 4 arm now.

cp

the rings on shimano xt are pretty good – the smaller 2 are steel (middle mounted on a carbon mount), the bigger is a nicely finished aluminium ring.

I’ve had my XT’s for a year now, ridden them in crap, checked the bolts a week after first use – all still tight. Apart from external cleaning, i’ve not touched them, and they’ve been perfect. at 90 or 80 quid or whatever they are, they’re a bargain!!!

Stoner
    Free Member

Id get the XT cranks for your geared bike and a nice middleburn SS ring for the Turbines.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Isn’t the caron/steel ring set up on the 770s? The ones going cheap are last seasons 760s. My other half has that chainset and there’s nothing wrong with it. After all, it will probably still shift better than raceface rings.

Stoner
    Free Member

the 760 was an Al middle ring.
    Not the longest lasting, but for £10 the steel deore ring is excellent VFM – not substantially more heavy enough to notice and perfect shifting, and run for 100s of miles.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Indecisive about my drivetrain’ is closed to new replies.