Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • increasing fork travel without spacers
  • neil29679
    Free Member

Having extensively googled I still can’t find a definitive answer. I am wondering if it is okay to increase travel on fox float 32 120 to 130 by moving the pin on the air spring to the next hole up.
    I’ve found various threads confirming that it’s doable but no real conformation as to whether it can be potentially harmful to the fork. It is obviously not a fox approved. Mod but still curious if anyone can clarify.

jonk

It can be done by moving the pin but you need to ensure there is enough travel in the damper.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Moving the pin on the air spring will not increase your travel, the mod is a way of creating a more linear spring curve.

Pretty sure you won’t be able to increase the travel on 120 floats. Increasing the travel involves removing the internal spacer from the spring side (if fitted).

neil29679
    Free Member

The answer junk has given is pretty much what I had found out so far. Moving the pin Deffo does increase the travel but bottoming out of the damper being the danger. How do I go about telling if the damper is long enough?

dirtydog
    Free Member

What year are they is this something new?

neil29679
    Free Member

This is for older models But basically The same in reverse. There are plenty. Other threads detailing it on 2013 models.

http://m.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=84172

dirtydog
    Free Member

I stand corrected , not seen that one before! I thought you where getting confused with the air piston mod.

Suppose there’s only one way to find out for sure.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘increasing fork travel without spacers’ is closed to new replies.