Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Income protection insurance
  • littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

After the last crash I have decided that income protection for accident and sickness is definitely the way to go as one day I’ll not be lucky enough to come away with just my arm in cast and I can’t pay my mortgage on SSP.

So, anyone got any recommendations for good accident cover companies? I want something that will start pretty much from the first day of injury if possible as I have no one to fall back on and no savings to dig me out of a hole if I can’t work.

Are there anything particularly I should look for in the small print that may catch me out? Obviously I’m gonna shop around for prices, but I don’t mind paying a little more for better cover.

br
    Free Member

If self-employed make sure your company pays for it, if PAYE…

geetee1972
    Free Member

So there are two types of policy you can consider. Accident sickness and unemployment insurance (ASU) will just cover the mortgage in the event of anyone of those three things. Then there is income protection/replacement policies which will do just that, replace your income in certain circumstances like illness.
    The former will cost a lot less than the latter for obvious reasons. To illustrate we have an ASU policy covering £1200 a month split 50:50 between my wife and I (so if only one of us claims we get £600 but both of us could claimnif we needed to) and it costs £40 a month.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Income protection insurance’ is closed to new replies.