Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • inch half steerer forks
  • jedi

i got a bottlerocket and am wondering what forks to get.
    i haven't ridden it yet so it'll be up for sale if i dont like it 🙂

deserter
    Free Member

I got vannilla 36's rc2 with 1.5 steerer, I haven't had to mess around setting them up and I don't ever notice them when riding

so for me they have been perfect

Zilog
    Free Member

All the Rock Shox Lyrik or Domain are very good these days however I would go for the Magura Wotan I think. Don't know if they come in 1.5 though.

jedi

may as well be 1.5" steerer as the headtube is made for them

messiah
    Free Member

Lightest option is to get a tapered steered and headset so you can use a normal stem. Most 1.5 stems are pretty chunk… but lovely and cheap when they appear on eBay. I paid £17 for the gravity light on my nicolai.
    I have 1.5" 36 floats and Manitou Travis tpc+ which are very good. I paid £120 for the 180mm Travis which is bit muys. I had Shermans before but they were a bit pants. Totem and lyrik are good but if I was to buy new I would probably go for the new fox and go tapered.

peteimpreza

I don't the think the weight of a stem is going to be an issue with a bottle rocket.

Anyway Jedi should you not be in the car by now? The Q's are waiting.

messiah
    Free Member

No point making it heavier than necessary. Five years ago bombproof meant heavy… the game has moved on. 😛

spw3

180mm domains here. Not crazy heavy, stiff enough for me and for my money seem to both be easier to set up and nicer to ride than my 888s. And they are white and look puuretty. FSA FR200 stem is light enough for me & tough enough for BC.

S.

jam-bo

Totems. Best fork ever. Straight from the fact bank…

Zilog
    Free Member

Thought it was intended for forks with 140 to 160 mm of travel ? If not agree with Jam Bo the Totems are brilliant! I have the original Coil model that I use for everything and there still going strong. Simple to freshen up as well with the oil ports on the bottom back of the legs.

If your going used I think Messiah is on to something. The Manitous are great forks and sell for next to nothing. You can give them a over hall your self if your technical sort of person if not send them of and get them freshened up. Just be on the lookout for warn slider as if the anodizing / hard coat has warn away its not a easy or cheap fix.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘inch half steerer forks’ is closed to new replies.