Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Inception Date Redux
  • Pigface
    Free Member

I hope this wont offend Cougar 😉

honeybadgerx

All these threads are being lost in time.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Cougar’s seen things you people wouldn’t believe.

WillH

I’ve still not got round to watching that film. Is it worth it, i.e. will it live up to the immense hype/nostalgia, or will it just look dated? (I read the book many years ago so know the story).

Klunk
    Free Member

they got the rain right 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Worth watching but it will look very dated, Sean Young’s 80’s style hair and power suits + people smoking etc.

Or perhaps all that is the future 8)

Pigface
    Free Member

I would say watch the original version not the numerous directors cuts.

ahwiles
    Free Member

WillH – Member

I’ve still not got round to watching that film. Is it worth it..

maybe, when it came out, the effects must have been amazing. it has it’s place in cinema history. if you’re an aspiring sci-fi geek, i’d have thought it was a necessary part of your education.

i.e. will it live up to the immense hype/nostalgia,

imho, no. great effects are no longer as impressive as they were, we take them for granted now. much of the film consists of HFord looking out of windows while a dystopian city scape floats past.

or will it just look dated?

maybe…

sobriety
    Free Member

Worth watching but it will look very dated, Sean Young’s 80’s style hair and power suits + people smoking etc.

I thought it aged rather well, especially in terms of the exterior effects

Northwind

Really? I saw a cinematic release of the final cut a while back, superb- can’t see why you’d really want to see the butchered “original” instead.

Still a fantastic film tbh

Pigface
    Free Member

Because we are all different.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Personally think you need to see the non directors cut as it makes more sense with voice over. I suspect most will get it without but i was pretty young when i first saw it so think it helped me

As for dated my favourite bit is the bit where he comes down from the sky in his flying car in order to make a phone call. I think they got that bit a wee bit wrong. As for effects its not a film about effects so it wont really matter.

SPOILER ALERT:

dont read this bit if you have not seen the film

if he is a replicant why do they spend the entire film beating the shit out of him and then “dream” sequence is pretty weak IMHO but the ending is more in keeping with the tone of the film and the release ending does , for it was. look cobbled on at the end for no good reason.

WillH

I do like a good sci-fi film, this one somehow slipped through the cracks. Sounds like it’s still worth keeping an eye out for then, cheers for your thoughts.

Pigface
    Free Member

SPOILER
    The main reason I like the original so much is that it leaves the; is he isn’t he question ambiguous, the dream and Gaffs origami make it obvious.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ll be watching the Directors Cut whilst drinking the newly recommended 14 units of alcohol this evening. Happy Friday!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Inception Date Redux’ is closed to new replies.