Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Inbetweeners USA?
  • Kryton57

Anyone watched it? I’ve seen two, and they disaapointingly follow the same script. The humour doesn’t transate well IMO, and the charachters are harder to warm to.

Although Americian Carlie is hotter.

mudshark
    Free Member

Very poor.

I didn’t like the American Office initially but that got very good after the 1st series.

zilog6128

Yeah the American Office is really good – completely different to our Office though, a “proper” sitcom as opposed to a cringe-fest full of awkward silences. Love both btw.

Will have to check out Inbetweeners USA, not looking forward to it though. Has anyone seen the (pilot) Red Dwarf USA? Now that is shocking. Turning Lister into an all-American hero? No.

mudshark
    Free Member

Just seen that the US Inbetweeners was cancelled after the 1st series, got poor reviews.

Kryton57

Turning Lister into an all-American hero? No

Lister’s immature, beer swilling curry eating, totty drooling character can’t be understood by Septics.

A couple of americans in our office completely failed to comprehend the characters in Men behaving badly even after copious explanation. Much conversation comparing that to Stifler in American pie doesn’t seem to help either.

robh

What channel is it on and when?

thomthumb
    Free Member

Anyone watched it? I’ve seen two, and they disaapointingly follow the same script. The humour doesn’t transate well IMO, and the charachters are harder to warm to.

Although Americian Carlie is hotter.

I think they’ve lost the normality. the lads have got weird as opposed to normal awkward teenagers. Carlie has become a typically hot girl rather than a nice girl from school.

it was funny because everyone could relate to (or elements of) the characters – now i watch it and distance myself.

in short, it’s crap.

Cougar

Has anyone seen the (pilot) Red Dwarf USA? Now that is shocking. Turning Lister into an all-American hero? No.

Yeah, there’s a couple floating about. One has a female cat (who if memory serves was Dax from DS9). It’s all very strange.

Cougar
    DezB
    Free Member

Will have to check out Inbetweeners USA

Don’t bother. I watched about 10 minutes – it just doesn’t have the realism that made the UK one so funny.
    E4, Monday nights I think if you wanna see for yourself.

Cougar

And, downloadable from here.

http://www.reddwarfx.co.uk/USA/index.php

nickewen
    Free Member

Watched half an episode the other night. Pretty bad like. The script is nearly word for word – I was expecting them to use the same general idea for the show but not a word for word copy – pointless.

grum
    Free Member

American Office was good once it stopped trying to copy the British one word for word. This sounds awful.

ell_tell
    Free Member

The script is nearly word for word

You’re not wrong there. In the episode I watched they substituted the popular ‘bus w@nkers’ phrase for ‘bus t*rds’.

Didn’t tranlsate well at all.

mudshark
    Free Member

The acting isn’t very good either – at least I think the UK acting is good. Though having seen the actor that plays Will (UK) in other shows I think maybe he always plays the same character!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Inbetweeners USA?’ is closed to new replies.