Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Inappropriate use of fog lights
  • technicallyinept
    Free Member

Driving home from Skipton to Manchester on friday night it got a big foggy.

Why is it that everyone ignores matrix warnings to ‘slow down’ in adverse weather yet the moment one says ‘fog’ every other driver sticks their rear fogs on?

Spent 15 minutes crawling round the M60 behind assorted dazzling dickheads.

Jesus wept, not again….

legend
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    Jesus wept, not again….

Indeed, but it’s something that boils my p*ss too

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus wept, not again….

Imagine! Autumn/Winter…STW bitching about inappropriate fog-light usage.

I’m utterly shocked and stunned…and not a little amazed. 🙂

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Duplicate thread? I did search before posting – fog AND lights returned a big fat nothing 😳

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

To be fair OP…I’m just taking the mick really. 😛

You go on ahead.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Oh, I see, I’m supposed to use google to search the forums, not the inbuilt search engine

scaredypants

it’s the car equivalent of superbright bike lights, and therefore cool and safe

glupton1976
    Free Member

technicallyinept should be now be called technicallyadept.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m supposed to use google to search the forums

Well, the proper forum search is scheduled to be working sometime around 2009/2010 so until then, you’ll have to use google.

S’ok technicallyinept, you carry on – it does crop up on a weekly basis though.

I don’t mind fronts at all, but rears do piss me off. The merest hint of mist and on they come. Can you see the tail lights of the car in front? Yes, well you don’t need your dogs on then.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes, well you don’t need your dogs on then.

I haven’t thought of anything funny to say yet, but I want this on a quote before you get a chance to edit it. 😀

Ambrose

As DD. Too good to lose.

bullheart
    Free Member

DD; you are on fire today Sir!

I’m liking the cut of your jib. Although I’ve no idea what a jib is…

nealglover
    Free Member

Although I’ve no idea what a jib is…

Or how to “cut” one in a pleasing manner ?

Haha, love it. I’ll leave it as it is

PiknMix
    Free Member

My car looks cool as f@@@ with them on so I just leave them on permenantly.

patriotpro
    Free Member

OP – ignore the self-appointed forum police on this thread.

A tip if you want to be reflect back the antagonism the fog-lights cause you tho’ is to click on your full beam headlights.

😉

dribbling
    Free Member

If visibility is bad enough that I start to crown, then is the time to put fogs on.

If visibility is bad enough that I start to crown, then is the time to put fogs on

Sure you don’t want dogs for that?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Rears are bad enough but its the mucking fuppets who drive round with their front fogs on that boil my p*ss.
    Is there some sort of competition between them all to see who can get all the warning lights on the dash lit first?
    Considering “inappropriate use” is an offence maybe the police should put the donuts down and start doing some actual work rather than chasing targets like “loud motorcycle exhausts and small number plates…”
    Don’t get me started on illegally spaced “vanity plates” on cars and blacked out windows that are another actual offence but because the “user group” are large enough and vocal enough they are left alone….

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

rears are worse though as they reduce the contrast when the brakes lights come on – so being more dangerous than without them on, imho

glupton1976
    Free Member

donuts

Doughnut!

hammyuk – here, have a valium

mikertroid
    Free Member

Worst in rain where front fogs create glare from the road as well as themselves.

I then have to use full beam so I can see properly. If they haven’t the courtesey to use them only when it’s foggy, they won’t mind if they then get dazzled when I need to see where I’m going.

petrieboy

It allows you to spot drivers unable to think through what they are doing – they will certainly be terrible drivers in other respects so best avoided.
    The fog light button should apply a 25mph speed limiter. Or be wired to give the user a small but painfull electric shock. Or both.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    Jesus wept, not again….
    Indeed, but it’s something that boils my p*ss too

It grips my shhitt

mikertroid
    Free Member

Petrieboy, you’re spot on. That’s what is so worrying; there are clearly plenty of drivers out there with very low levels of situational awareness. Best kept well clear TBH.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Inappropriate use of fog lights’ is closed to new replies.