Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • in the spirit of unity – a newspaper thread
  • yunki
    Free Member

there’s been a few divisive threads recently, so in the spirit of raising morale, I’d like to ask your newspaper preferences..

I personally believe that newspapers are written by idiots, for idiots, with the sole intention of lining Fat Cat pockets.. so I’ve mostly stuck to picking up the occasional local rag..

My reasoning is that current affairs, from a realist’s point of view, have no bearing on my life whatsoever.. Here on the ground, as I go about my daily toil, very little changes from one year to the next, and any ‘important’ decisions by the powerful people that run tings register as little more than a minor fluctuation in prices at the till or tax office..

I don’t presume that my ill informed world opinions learned from one biased source or another are of any importance or have the potential to make any positive impact on the world, so I try to keep things relevant to my environment..

so.. what daily propaganda pamphlet do you get your celeb gossip from and why..?

soobalias
    Free Member

http://www.totallyindependantnews.net

delivers all the news and celeb goss you could ever need.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The Times.

Caitlin Moran
    Anne Trenemann
    Hugo Rifkind
    James Stewart

Establishment-toned but otherwise good foreign and domestic reporting.

Don’t pay for it, mind. Pick one up each morning from the News International post room across the loading bay.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Don’t pay for it, mind. Pick one up each morning from the News International post room across the loading bay.

Oh that’s nice.

Us Sun readers have to subsidise your reading material.

😐

Rubber_Buccaneer

Friday Add. It’s free, I marvel at some of the stuff people are selling and the lonely hearts section really cheers me up. Top read.

xcgb
    Free Member

Soobalais

I admit i did fall for that one!

chakaping
    Free Member

Metro as it’s closest to being a printed version of the PA feed (or used to be anyway).

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Soobalais was even smart enough to keep the pedant police happy with a little STW in-joke. No one seems to have noticed though – too busy reading The Independent perhaps?

patriotpro
    Free Member

what, a thread where no one is abusing each other or bickering and no uber sensitives – not interested then.

😆

NJA

The i – concise and compact and cheap. Used to get the big brother the Independent but the i takes a lot less time to read.

jota180
    Free Member

I don’t bother with the news hard copy or online, I’ll sometimes see and read articles – from searches etc. – but don’t make any special effort to read the ‘news’

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Faecal Matters–

Reverend Sphincter provides acerbic comment

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Work buys The Indie and The Daily Wail/Hate. I browse the Indie in my mid-morning coffee break.

I occasional buy i

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘in the spirit of unity – a newspaper thread’ is closed to new replies.