Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • In The Box Car Insurance
  • insanelemming
    Free Member

I’m currently looking for car insurance for my 22 year old daughter who hopefully will pass her test next go. Needless to say, it’s expensive, but we’ve come across a company called “In The Box Insurance”. Basically they limit initialy to 6000 miles and put a tracker in the car to monitor the mleage and driving style. You can then top up if you need additional miles.

Question is, has anyone used them and if so do they do what they say on the tin.

TheFlyingOx

Seems like a good idea in theory. Not sure on the execution though. They claim to “insure the box”, yet have a stringent set of rules about the type of car they’ll let you drive. Technically, that’s not doing what it says on the tin.

FWIW, when I was a whippersnapper Hyperformance insurance were very cheap compared to others. Acted like cocks on the phone, mind, but a bargain is a bargain.

uplink
    Free Member

My 21 yr old daughter’s car has been with insurethebox for about 10 months now
    Very straight forward to sort out and cheap too, not had any issues with them at all, I expect we’ll be renewing with them in a few weeks

Sandwich

Admiral multicar for us and the recently passed 18 year old sandwich junior. £1100 for him 3P,F&T with his mum as a named driver. Original quote was for 1400 when he was insured as a learner, 1 month without any drama brought that down.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘In The Box Car Insurance’ is closed to new replies.