Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 121 total)
  • In memory of 29erKeith
  • curto80
    Free Member

I’m sorry to those who don’t agree that this is the right forum but I know that some of you knew 29erKeith (whether in person or virtually on here) before his passing of cancer aged 35 last year. He fought like a total hero.

I freely admit that I’m trying to find some closure in this but I’m also trying to raising some money for Bloodwise (his favourite charity) along the way.

I’d be hugely grateful to anyone on here who can spare 30 seconds to read my story. And if you happen to have a spare fiver, well this is as good a home as any:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/NeverGiveUp2017?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=20170130_97062

mcnultycop

Done mate. I didn’t know the guy at all but bloodwise is close to my heart as my old bosses son had leukaemia for something like 4 of his 8 first years of his life before getting the all clear.

I lost my best mate last year to a heart condition so I’m doing a charity ride for the BHF, like you to get closure and just to feel like I’m at least doing something to help. My ride is less extreme than yours though.

Good luck with this.

postierich
    Free Member

Done good luck with your fund raising

curto80
    Free Member

Thank you, I can’t express how much it means to me.

Let me know how I can return the favour.

curto80
    Free Member

Thanks Postie, thank you.

Bregante

Done

Northwind

Done- and good job, it’s so hard to bring some good from a shit situation.

curto80
    Free Member

Thanks Bregante, really appreciated

curto80
    Free Member

Thank you Northwind. Really been at a loss for months but the training for this is helping.

frankconway

Done and I hope you get the level of support your efforts deserve.
    If this helps bring closure or takes you closer to it that would be good.

trap6
    Free Member

Done,good luck dude.

jkomo

Done, my sons mate going through it at the mo. He’s only twelve.

jamj1974

Done. Best of luck.

pictonroad

6am. You’ll be up for training now then?

Event sounds like hell, good luck, donated.

sillyoldman

Done. Good luck!

Clink

Done. My mums got leukaemia. Keep us updated on the training.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Done. Sounds like one heck of an event but it’ll be worth it. A close friend has been through the mill with lymphoma so I know how tough it can be. Good luck with it all!

senorj

Done.
    Good luck. 🙂

tjagain

Reminded me that I had not donated all my xmas money – so that my christmas lunch you just got! Keep make sure you report back on your efforts

Nice one

curto80
    Free Member

I have just checked in on my page after a hard running session this morning and I am absolutely blown away by your kind words and generosity. The kindness of strangers and all that. It’s still a decent World.

FrankC
    Trap
    Jk
    Jamj
    Picton
    Sillyoldman
    Clink
    GTTH
    Senor J
    TJ

And everyone who’s donated anonymously so far or just took 10 seconds to look at my page and pause for thought, you’re all special people. Thank you.

STW is a proper decent place!

myopic
    Free Member

Done

danti

Done. Good Luck!

ton

good luck mate. done

Stoner
    Free Member

Done, Keith was a pleasure to know and a sadness to lose. I hope his family are doing as best they can.

Good luck Nathan, a great cause

curto80
    Free Member

I gave myself four months starting last night to hit my sponsorship target, thinking if I worked really hard at it I might just get there. Thanks to the most amazing generosity of people on here I’m going to be close to getting there inside 24 hours. That would be amazing and would mean I can do more. Cancer doesn’t respect limits.

If you can, please help me do this.

iainc

Donated. Had a few posts on here with Keith when I was going though Prostate Cancer treatment and always found him inspiring….

crispybacon
    Free Member

Happy to donate to a great cause to hopefully beat Cancer 🙂

CB 7 years in remission

pictonroad

I gave myself four months starting last night to hit my sponsorship target, thinking if I worked really hard at it I might just get there. Thanks to the most amazing generosity of people on here I’m going to be close to getting there inside 24 hours. That would be amazing and would mean I can do more. Cancer doesn’t respect limits.

Works both ways, we need updates and photos of just how hard the training is… 😉

core

Done, best of luck, have lost a lot of family members due to various cancers, a truly worthy cause 🙂

IHN

Done, smash it.

curto80
    Free Member

Picton don’t worry I’ll make sure you don’t forget about me over the next few months 😉

Last time I did a road marathon I couldn’t walk for 2 weeks and I have to do one in April as a “training run”. That’ll be fun.

They’ll be video updates from throughout the day as well. 4am start, finish cut-off at midnight

xcstu
    Free Member

Done.. All the best mucker

Ben_H

Donated – I have had a few similar sad stories recently, so it’s good to see something positive. Best of luck with the event.

nbt

Done. close to my heart this one

finbar
    Free Member

35? Bloody hell 🙁

sturmeyarcher

Done.

You’ve picked one heck of an event OP, it’s going to be tough.

btw…time to set a new target 🙂

dubber
    Free Member

Donated …

Best of luck … keep us all up to date on how it’s going .

curto80
    Free Member

You lot are all absolutely amazing

bgd
    Free Member

Done.

My 5 year old is into his final year of treatment for leukaemia so know how invaluable all the cancer charities are. Best wishes and good luck.

frankconway

Bump.
    If you’ve missed this, please read and…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 121 total)

The topic ‘In memory of 29erKeith’ is closed to new replies.