Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • in car dvd player and video file encoding etc
  • toys19
    Free Member

Help!
    I have this meos dual head in car dvd player Twin-screen-in-car-dvd-player-9 – We Do Digital

I really want the sd card function so that I can dump lots of films for the kids int he back and not have to change disc every hour or so on long journeys.

I have only been able to make one .avi file work properly and I am struggling to understand how to convert/encode dvds and other video files I have got to play on this machine.

The one file I have got that works I have inspected with Gspot GSpot Codec Information Appliance which tells you all about the encoding but I am struggling to get my head around it.

Can anyone help me?

clubber
    Free Member

handbrake is very good for converting DVDs to avi or mkv formats though you may need to use dvdfab or similar to rip the DVD in the first place.

toys19
    Free Member

yeah using handbrake, but the settings on handbrake do not match the output of gspot, and as I have no idea what they mean I was hoping a responsible adult would hold my hand…

clubber
    Free Member

sorry that goes beyond my expertise

toys19
    Free Member

no worries

MikeG

Try here I’ve got an old Kenwood in dash player and divx’s converted from that guide play fine.

toys19
    Free Member

mike, that looks good n sensible. Thanks. I have managed to get a couple more to work this morning, my player wont decode aac so I found a few xvid ones with aac and just converted them to mp3 and happy days. Now working on converting the h264 ones to xvid..

Milkie
    Free Member

I’ve found that when the bitrate is too high, the player won’t play the files. It took a lot of trial and error to get the max out of the video files, once you have though, its smooth sailing. I used handbrake, I don’t have the settings anymore as this is a new pc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘in car dvd player and video file encoding etc’ is closed to new replies.