Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • In-car CCTV
  • dannybgoode

Due to some petty vandalism on my car (windscreen wipers pulled off, side indicators nicked that kind of thing) I am considering some form of in-car cctv – anyone got any recommendations on what I should be going for?

maccruiskeen

any recommendations on what I should be going for?

Something you wouldn’t miss if someone put your window through and stole it 🙂

Where are you keeping the car at night? Maybe you need to keep it somewhere where theres less opportunity. The last place I lived I avoided parking near my own front door – (we were a garden flat a the back corner of terrace) as it was a bit of road that wasn’t overlooked, and high hedges at the roadside meant there was plenty of scope to be out of sight and interfere with our car or van. We’d actually rather park in a different street then in that spot. If out of tireness, laziness or because there were no other spaces available I parked then then often enough something not good would happen – van spray painted twice, broken into three times, car broken into twice all in a 3 year period. We lived at different addresses in that area, all within 300 yards that flat for 7 years and in that time it was only in that exact parking spot we ever had any bother.

What use a camera would be?

if you draw attention to the fact the camera is there theres ample opportunity to nick it (just as there has been plenty of opportunity to damage and steal from the car already)

If you don’t advertise it, and film covertly then you’ll have a fuzzy picture of someone you don’t recognise damaging your car (assuming they do something within the field of view of the camera) – then what?

dannybgoode

Did think of the temptation of the camera itself – I have seen some pretty discrete ones though so was interested in hearing from anyone who has used one.

I am very limited as to where I can park it (i.e. its the side road or nowhere!) and I think I know who is doing it as it seems to only be my car out of a whole street-full that is getting stuff done to it.

MrNutt
    Free Member

It’s for recording dogging videos and I claim my ten pounds.

daveh
    Free Member

Mobius is very discreet and I believe can be set to switch on/off recording via a movement sensor. Not sure it’ll help much really though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘In-car CCTV’ is closed to new replies.