Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • In 8 days Britain's gas supplies will run out!
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

According to the news headlines.

Is this another scare story?

Don't we pipe the stuff in from Russia?

clubber
    Free Member

Isn't this the plot from an episode of Spooks? 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Have you accidentally read a script from Spooks or something?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

LOL! Beat me to it 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

According to the episode of Coast I watched last night, at least some of our gas comes from Norway………

MrNutt
    Free Member

that wont affect the peoples republic of swindon as the entire town is powered by the burning of mattresses and blue WKD. Oh the humanity!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

[TANNOY]

Cressers to the forum, please. Cressers to the forum, please.

[/TANNOY]

cullen-bay
    Free Member

deffinately a spooks episode…. dont worry, the blonde one sorts it out.

falkirk-mark

I think normally we only have 3-4 weeks supply anyway

IanMunro
    Free Member

I started burning the fencing last weekened to keep warm.
    Looks like I'll be moving onto the furniture next.

Edukator
    Free Member

A natural resource (North sea gas) that could have lasted centuries squandered heating homes with the insulating properties of a super conductor. The only thing that has saved the UK from financial ruin over the last 20 years is running out – what are you going to do now?

mudshark
    Free Member

What's the fuel and wood situation?

soz

aP
    Free Member

Would you rely on your country's energy needs being supplied by an unstable manipulative foreign power? What sort of country apart from Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Czexh Republic etc would do that?

Oh, bugger.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Hahahah 😆

Brrrrr i'm freezin! 😯

Rickos
    Free Member

The 8 days thing is because demand is running higher than supply pipes can pipe it in, so the stocks in the UK start to be used up.

richmars

What's new? We've never had gas here.

dmiller
    Free Member

I can supply more if needed.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A lot of it is pumped into resevoirs under the north sea during the summer and used up in the winter. Not sure how on earth they would hve run out already.

anagallis_arvensis

We get our gas from a wide vareity of sources about 50% is our own, its a non-story, move along.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

well the mad cow disease didn't get me, nor the bird flue, mananged to dodge swine flu, didn't get washed away by the floods, haven't been stranded like the rest of the country in complete turmoil, maybe i'll die of hyperthermia cos i can't run my central heating!

dmiller
    Free Member

pumped into resevoirs under the north sea during the summer and used up in the winter.

What like big under sea tanks? Thats pretty damn cool! Any links with pics? I like big engineering stuff like that!

DrJ

What like big under sea tanks?

No – in former oil and gas reservoirs

jimmy

was wondering when the media would switch from grit salt to gas.

anagallis_arvensis

Apparently loads of business negeotiate cheap deals by accepting reduced supply when demand is high, this has happend and all is fine.

clubber
    Free Member

Will no one think of the children?!

dmiller
    Free Member

No – in former oil and gas reservoirs

Well that's disappointing.

Seeing as people here seem to know their stuff I have always wondered just how much damage one of those big gas storage things you see in citys would do if one went bang… Anyone know?

mtbfix

Just more Tory scare mongering. Somehow they are blaming the govt for this even though, AFAIK, gas supply and distribution is in the hands of private enterprise.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

Clubber, surely wood burns easier?

djglover
    Free Member

We have 14 days worth of storage in the UK including rough under the North Sea. It's feasible that we can run out, however UK is one of the few countries that has a spot market for LNG, so I presume that there will be many boats headed here to unload their cargo for a premium very soon.

We won't run out for domestic use, coal will naturaly overtake gas for generation as the price becomes too high, meaning demand should drop of anyway

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

I worked on the rough gas platforms many times. It was injecting gas all summer into the reservoir for times like these. There are a number of gas platforms around the UK and we can get more from gas producing nations. Sounds like Government scaremongering, I'm sure we'll be fine. 😕

kimbers

more media bollox

grahamh
    Free Member

[fraser] We're doomed[/fraser]

anagallis_arvensis

Sounds like Government scaremongering

Now you can blame the government for many things but not this FFS

scraprider
    Free Member

we be alreet , round up all the cows , they fart loads , pleanty of gas. or just another reason to put thre price up , so we um conserve more.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I reckon if we hooked up my mate's arse to the pipeline, it would buy us another day.

cynic-al
    Free Member

We won't run out for domestic use, coal will naturaly overtake gas for generation as the price becomes too high, meaning demand should drop of anyway

Does the story not relate to gas piped into folks' homes?

richtea
    Free Member

PHEW, i have electric heating!

… 😉

Shandy
    Free Member

Edukator – Member
    A natural resource (North sea gas) that could have lasted centuries squandered heating homes with the insulating properties of a super conductor. The only thing that has saved the UK from financial ruin over the last 20 years is running out – what are you going to do now?

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

go shandy… pmsl… this is the best forum ever.

tankslapper
    Free Member

I have wood!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘In 8 days Britain's gas supplies will run out!’ is closed to new replies.