Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • impromptu mid week bivy tonight – important quick questions
  • scruff9252

I find myself home alone this week, a stonking forecast and the postie brought me a new bikepacking tesnt last week that wants testing.

Two important last minute questions;

What whisky for the hipflask?

Secondly, what just add water, pot based supper?

whitestone
    Free Member

Has to be a malt (obviously), two contrasting ones I like are Ledaig (from the Tobermory distillery) and Caol Isla.

Something like super-noodles plus tuna for your one-pot. Alternatively one of the flavoured couscous packets.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Used to be able to get a Thai green curry paste and coconut milk powder. 2 min rice and some pre chopped veg/meat and eat something tasty.

richen987
    Free Member

The Yamazaki 12 or Dalwhinnie 15 for the Whisky, light and easy with great taste.
    or Jamesons for a slightly cheaper but nice alternative.

Ainsley Harriet Cous Cous is surprinsingly tasty for bivi food and is very filling.
    As are Sainsbury’s just add water curry packs.
    And don’t forget the Porridge for the morning 🙂

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

and don’t forget the stove-top espresso pot

faustus

Nice Ben Riach if you can find it. For food, ready made spanish tortilla (= potato omelette) from Sainsbury or tesco. Just needs heating through as it’s ready to eat, and will fill you up. About £2.

scruff9252

and don’t forget the stove-top espresso pot

Sadly that’s on the boat a couple of hours drive away. As for the rest, I’ll pop via Saintsbury’s after work. Thanks.

mattbee

Midweek bivi sounds so tempting. Next night I’m free is Thurs though & I’m not so sure Lordswood is such a great spot…

Talisker Storm for me, along with any generic dried noodles and some chorizo.

steezysix
    Free Member

The sainsburys 2 min rice bags (or Uncle Ben’s if you’re feeling flush) are great as you can do them boil in the bag, giving you hot water for tea after. Then something like tuna or spiced sausage sliced up into it depending on personal preference.

landslide

My general rule on outdoors whisky is something highly peaty, phenolic and unsubtle. Owt from Islay should do you a treat.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘impromptu mid week bivy tonight – important quick questions’ is closed to new replies.