Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Important question – handheld vacuum cleaners
  • DrJ

Last handheld vacuum I owned was called Dustbuster or some such, and had all the sucking power of an asthmatic midget. Can you recommend me a rechargeable one that actually sucks up dust, for example for cleaning out the car after a muddy bike has been sitting there a while?

Looking forward to your housekeeping tips 🙂

colinmac
    Free Member

The Dyson one is superb – we have one with a long tube and normal ‘head’ – its got a powered brush in it too. It was dear, but we never use the ‘big’ hoover as the handheld can easily do a room or two before running down.

Dyson DC35

cheers_drive

What colinmac said

Harry_the_Spider

We’ve got a Dyson DC30.

Only 6 minutes of action per charge but it could suck a golf ball through a hole pipe.

Pouting red haired lady not included.

cranberry
    Free Member

Not sure on your budget, but I have a DeWalt 18v cordless – works very well.

It doesn’t come with a model who, frankly, I think dyes her hair.

DrJ

At that price I’d have expected the red-haired lady to be part of the deal – you could buy a bike for that money!!

fubar
    Free Member

The Dustbuster range is large. We had a cheaper one (about 2.5v)and it was poor but the 18v pivot version we have now is a beast. similar to this Worth a look if you have a Black and Decker ‘factory outlet’ type place around (I paid quite a bit less than the one on Amazon)

cp

Dyson here, blimmin brilliant.

emsz
    Free Member

That’s a really really bad wig

Edukator
    Free Member

An extension cable and your regular vacuum cleaner which is of course an industrial AquaVac which will allow easy removal of the carpets for washing if necessary.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have a Hoover wet n dry (bought for mopping up food spills from my kids). £50 and does the job. I’d have been seduced by a Dyson but for the fact it isn’t wet n dry.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Important question – handheld vacuum cleaners’ is closed to new replies.