Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • immigration/benefit cheats
  • legend76
    Free Member

i think the benefit system in this country is a far bigger problem than immigration!imo

sodafarls
    Free Member

And how have you come to such a conclusion? Pray tell…

HTTP404
    Free Member

some might say they are closely linked.

iDave
    Free Member

it's what he 'thinks' – which means it must be true

tails
    Free Member

legend76
    Free Member

where i live there's alot of polish workers and thats exactly what they do..work. as for the amount of layabout alcoholics and young single mothers on benefits who've never done a day's graft in their live's. that soda is how i work that out.
    idave it's only my opinion or am i not allowed one?
    this is not a troll.

sodafarls
    Free Member

I'd say from my experience in Hackney Mare street jobcentreplus that it's a bit depressing what goes on. A little experience can change a lot of preconceptions for sure. But there's nothing wrong with learning something even if it it confirms what you have been told by people you have an innate dislike of. It just means that you are wrong and they are right, on the issue at hand.

legend76
    Free Member

it's not what i've been told by people soda, some people can formulate their own opinions all by themselves,it comes from my own experience.
    i see it every day.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

i think the benefit system in this country is a far bigger problem than immigration!

I agree. Britain has one of the worst benefits system of any comparable industrialised western countries.

It's high time something was done about it 😐

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Of course its a bloody troll!

Why has this happened – that we have a part of our society paid peanuts to sit on the sidelines? How can we stop it happening in the future? Do you think its a very nice life that they lead?

Very complex questions with no easy answers

As for the poles -The roots of this is in the terms of the Polish entry to the EC and single currency. The zloty was valued so low in Euros that the rest of the EC has both far higher levels of pay (and costs of living)

The result being that the best of the polish workforce has left poland to earn money elsewhere. Most will go home again.

sodafarls
    Free Member

Just a question legend76, what do you think about the minimum wage?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Who did you used to be then Legend76?

sodafarls
    Free Member

The result being that the best of the polish workforce has left poland to earn money elsewhere. Most will go home again.

Hmmm. Do you reckon this will be before or after the standard of living and potential income in the UK drops below that of Poland?

legend76
    Free Member

i think the minimum wage is better than it was when there was no minimum!can you rememer that far back soda?
    i've always been me dd why do you ask?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Of course its a bloody troll!

Oh come on …….Legend76 is a taxi driver.

Now I can rarely afford to take a black cab, but I'm led to believe that when taxi drivers aren't banging on about immigrants, they are banging on about people living on benefits.

Legend76 doesn't sound like a troll to me …… just a conscientious taxi driver.

legend76
    Free Member

soda why do you think we needed the poles in the first place,if the workshy in this country got off their arses they would'nt be needed!
    plus the benefit bill would'nt be so high! imo

sodafarls
    Free Member

"i think the minimum wage is better than it was when there was no minimum!can you rememer that far back soda?"

I think I do….that was pre "totally unexpected" influx of young desperate EU members prepared to work for less than a livable wage as apparently you are never going to try and bring up a family here or god forbid stay indefinitely wasn't it?

legend76
    Free Member

at least they are prepared to work.
    so whats your take on alchoholics getting a drink allowance?

sodafarls
    Free Member

whats your take on alchoholics getting a drink allowance?

Is someone proposing that? Sounds like a good idea to me, considering how little money your average alcohohoholic would have for healthy eatin' after a week of boozin in Brown's Britain. That man takes the **** piss.

El-bent
    Free Member

at least they are prepared to work.

For next to nothing. Which is why they were brought in in the first place.

It's our taxes and our social security system thats paying for the business need to lower wages and thus standard of living in this country.

legend76
    Free Member

well i wish someone paid me to get pished!
    in this country imo you have alot of opportunity to help yourself,if your on minimmum wage is it not upto yourself to do something about it or is it just easier to sit back and let the workers subsidize you?

legend76
    Free Member

my point is if the unenployed in this country got off their collective arses el-bent there would be no need for immigrants.pmpl@ ernie

sodafarls
    Free Member

if your on minimmum wage is it not up to yourself to do something about it

Do what? The country only requires so many taxi drivers and prostitutes, and there's not a great deal other that you can do to earn more than minimum wage unless you can get some skills training or capital. And there is very little if any of that going around, regardless of what the Govt may tell you.

legend76
    Free Member

bollocks you make your own luck in life, its not my fault if your selling your arse sodafarts 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

my point is if the unenployed in this country got off their collective arses el-bent there would be no need for immigrants

In September 2009 there were 2.47 million unemployed.
    In September 2008 there were 1.72 million unemployed.

Tell me legend76, why are there three quarters of a million more unemployed now,
    then there were 12 months ago ?

Is it because unemployment benefit has gone up in the last 12 months ?

Or is it because there are now more immigrants than there were 12 months ago ?

El-bent
    Free Member

my point is if the unenployed in this country got off their collective arses el-bent there would be no need for immigrants

It's easy to make tabloid style comments like this, but in reality it's far harder.

First you have to train people, business would rather import workers with those skills already, it costs less,

Second, those people will want a decent wage like all of us do, Business will either import cheap workers again or export the jobs elsewhere,

The cost of living in the UK is ridiculous, house prices being the prime example, so social mobility is restricted.

We have a seriously damaging and expensive benefits culture in the UK, but until we can create prevent the above from happening it's only going to get worse.

legend76
    Free Member

nope that'll be the recession that ernie

legend76
    Free Member

so are we just going around in circles then until we stop immigration el-bent?

sodafarls
    Free Member

"bollocks you make your own luck in life, its not my fault if your selling your arse sodafarts"

If you could only see my arse bellend76, you'd buy it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

nope that'll be the recession that ernie

Excellent. So no need to blame a "generous" benefit system and/or immigration for the unemployment level then.

I take it that closes the thread then….yeah ?

legend76
    Free Member

recession is a cycle immigration is'nt

legend76
    Free Member

lol@ soda
    my work here is done goodnight all.

sodafarls
    Free Member

Why is recession a cycle? Is it inevitable legend76?

legend76
    Free Member

historically yeah

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

#

sodafarls

"The result being that the best of the polish workforce has left poland to earn money elsewhere. Most will go home again. "

Hmmm. Do you reckon this will be before or after the standard of living and potential income in the UK drops below that of Poland?

I think wages and prices will rise in Poland thus removing the incentive to emigrate. This lot will save some money go home and buy a house 🙂 5 – 10 yr span?

Unemployment and downward pressure on wages is undoubtedly a result of immigration into the Uk as well. However this is not really a cause of the rise of the underclass of long term unemployed / workless.

Immigration also brings to this county vitality and wealth creators and people with skills we are short of.

What about the junkies legend – what do you want to do with them then?

sodafarls
    Free Member

So you subscribe to "boom 'n' bust"? The avoidance of sustainability in the pursuit of everlasting "growth"?

That's what we are talking about, isn't it?

legend76
    Free Member

well they arent so much of a problem where i live but that is a tricky one tj…we could always execute them 😈
    i agree wholeheartedly with your above post tho tj

legend76
    Free Member

no i don t subscribe to boom and bust but what i said was historically thats the way its gone.

El-bent
    Free Member

Immigration also brings to this county vitality and wealth creators and people with skills we are short of.

Can agree with that, but with the export of jobs to the far east and the import of a workforce to do jobs traditionally associated with what we could now call the underclass, the pressure on the UK socially will get worse and this will further garner support for the likes of the BNP.

legend76
    Free Member

i spotted in one paper last week that 3 out of 4 people on incapasity benefit could/should be in work is that true?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘immigration/benefit cheats’ is closed to new replies.