• This topic has 151 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 152 total)
  • Immigration, then
  • molgrips
    Free Member

So it’s been discussed on other threads that people in some parts of the country are unhappy that people from other countries are coming and putting pressure on their jobs.

What’s the difference between that and me moving within the UK to look for a job?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

You’ve got white skin.

bikebouy
    Free Member

And you subscribe to STW.

vinnyeh

Do you mean moving to another country within the UK?

Or from one community to another?

Some clarification please.

jimjam
    Free Member

What are your views on gay marriage molgrips? Do you think women and men are equal? Do you think there is any value in a secular western democratic society?

ton

we all know people against the freedom of movement are, well, not right really, are they?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What’s your favourite squid?

bedmaker

It depends.
    How likely are you to hang out in the local council pool with a posse of your buddies and grope the local wimminz?

molgrips
    Free Member

Do you mean moving to another country within the UK?

Doesn’t matter. Could be Scotland to England, could be within England.

cranberry
    Free Member

A minimum of several hundred years of shared culture.

Unless, of course, you are thinking of moving to Hartlepool.

rosscore
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    So it’s been discussed on other threads that people in some parts of the country are unhappy that people from other countries are coming and putting pressure on their jobs.

What’s the difference between that and me moving within the UK to look for a job?

Sorry I have to answer this before I go out.

If you moved down here, you will be left to you own devices and will be lucky to even get interview expenses, our local community new arrivals from external sources, get:

A case handler
    A Translator
    Head of the queue at our local surgery
    Accommodation paid for and made available instantly
    A car purchased to save taxi fares whilst job seeking.

That’s the difference.

km79
    Free Member

You don’t get to bring your child bride.

RichPenny
    Free Member

My wife’s an immigrant and didn’t get any of that. You must live somewhere really shit rosscore.

jambalaya
    Free Member

You are a British citizen and our priority should be to put our own citizens interests first.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

What’s weird is many Brits move abroad (in fact the same amount of people leave as they do enter this country)…also there was never a problem with Aussies and Kiwis here…although we did have an issue with black immigrants after the second world war..it’s as if it’s more to do with skin colour and religion..but then that would infer racism..but of course no one is racist in this country… so must just be a coincidence….

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What’s weird is many Brits move abroad (in fact the same amount of people leave as they do enter this country)..

Does that include people who retire to other countries to enjoy the weather? I’d love to see some evidence of anyone coming to the UK for that reason!

nickc

Unless you a relative of This young lad

then you’re probably an immigrant. Get over yourself

funkmasterp

How exactly are people putting pressure on a job you’re already in? Genuine question as I find this notion quite bizarre. I work with people from a vast array of different countries, ethnicities and religious beliefs. It’s great and I get to learn about different cultures, countries and to sample baking from different places (it’s mainly the baking that’s great). I’ve never once felt my job is under threat.

If I were unemployed and looking for work maybe I’d feel differently, although I don’t believe I would.

footflaps

You are a British citizen and our priority should be to put our own citizens interests first.

Given that immigrants are generally better educated, have lower level of unemployment, and are net tax contributors, encouraging immigration should help everyone by boosting our economy, thus generating more tax revenue to pay for schools, NHS etc.

We need more immigration, not less.

parkesie
    Free Member

Bloody imigrants coming over here stealing our jobs and claiming our benefits. 🙄

nickc

Parkesie, Schrodinger’s immigrant? 😆

cchris2lou

Yep, I’m one of them and on top of having a job, I also married one of your women.
    Where do I sign up to all those extras benefits?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

And that required a Spanish medical team to help my ailing grandmother to be comfortable.
    I am a European and my priority is to treat people equally.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Indeed and FF made the correct response. Our interests are best served by freedom of movement. Sadly people have been misled and lied to in a shameful manner.

vinnyeh

Given that immigrants are generally better educated, have lower level of unemployment, and are net tax contributors, encouraging immigration should help everyone by boosting our economy, thus generating more tax revenue to pay for schools, NHS etc.

Shouldn’t the priority be to turn those already here into ‘net tax contributors’, rather than to top up the pot used to pay and service them?

Junkyard
    Free Member

A minimum of several hundred years of shared culture

how old do you think molly is ?

Northwind

People who say “look after our people first” never actually seem to do that; it’s an excuse to treat others badly, it’s never a motivation to treat anyone better. Whereas people who want to treat foreigners well mostly want to treat british people well too.

Weird, eh?

Junkyard
    Free Member

our local community new arrivals from external sources, get:
    A case handler
    A Translator
    Head of the queue at our local surgery
    Accommodation paid for and made available instantly
    A car purchased to save taxi fares whilst job seeking.

Source and evidence or at least the name of the bloke down the pub who told you this crock

they get their own car is brilliant – WhoTF would fall for that shit?

Junkyard
    Free Member

You are a British citizen and our priority should be to put our own citizens interests first

How is Paris?

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP the original question was a good one but this is going to just go over old ground

We need more immigration, not less.

Whatever the situation now with uncontrolled immigration it will be better with control and we can decide whether we need more immigration or not year to year rather than it be driven by the relative strength of our Economy to the EU

ton

if you trace back, you will find most of us have some immigrant blood in us, and not too far back.

on my mums side, her grandad was norwegian and my 2 elder sisters side, their great gran was from dublin.

have a look back and be amazed

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Shouldn’t the priority be to turn those already here into ‘net tax contributors’, rather than to top up the pot used to pay and service them?

The sooner we get free schooling for everyone, the better. There should be an even distribution of good teachers around the UK, unless they migrate within the UK to better schools more more pay and better prospects. Etc, etc.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Whatever the situation now with uncontrolled immigration

How many times will you repeat that lie?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I’ve got bits of welsh and Irish in me – and that is just recent generations – I hope I can still stay here

aracer
    Free Member

There is no such thing as British, there are individual men and women and there are families…

Your priority should be to put you and your family first. Why does it make any difference to you whether the bloke doing your plumbing is from Walsall or Warsaw?

jam-bo

Can we have a points based emigration system. I.e. If you don’t get enough you get to leave…

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Whatever the situation now with uncontrolled immigration

Could you point me in the direction of some facts to support this, please?
    Many of the migrant medics, who I work with, that are trying to work in the UK would love to be able to circumvent the hoops that they currently have to jump through to get in.
    Are you saying that you honestly believe that this is true?

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve got bits of welsh and Irish in me

A threesome? Kinky

ppapa
    Free Member

A random thought: within first 16-20 years of one’s life, lots of things are free (education, etc.) with not much value being added to the country (as no taxes are being paid, apart from VAT from goods). An immigrant coming to the country contributes to the economy straight away with fewer benefits and guarantees he/she can access to.

lunge

How exactly are people putting pressure on a job you’re already in? Genuine question as I find this notion quite bizarre.

If you’re a builder and charge £50 per hour (number picked at random, no idea what builders charge) and other come in and charge £25 per hour you’re going to be annoyed.

My view is that, for the wider country, immigration is a good thing. But I can also see why the above person would be annoyed.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘Immigration, then’ is closed to new replies.