• This topic has 47 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Immigrants
  • armo
    Free Member

It must be you and the way you interact with them, which probably speaks volumes about you – I find no such thing.

It must be me that makes them greedy!!!! How????

The rudeness is toward english workers not me as I’m their Manager! There is a definite divide between the two, we found once the poles were the majority of workers they became their own union and started demanding overtime and more holidays so they can go and visit Poland!!

We should invest in our own people end of.

konabunny
    Free Member

I know a few eastern european lads who work for half of what the other tradesman earn and send the majority of it home, so the wage is not even recycled into the country….

You’re not thinking about where the other “unpaid” half of that wage is…

we found once the poles were the majority of workers they became their own union and started demanding overtime and more holidays so they can go and visit Poland!!

There’s only two outcomes there:

1) you were legally obliged to pay more overtime and holidays, and they were entitled to it

2) you weren’t legally obliged to pay more overtime and holidays, and you told them to ram it because the market dictated the price you were paying and there were plenty of other people willing to take the job…

…right?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    ernie – my view of the issues with east European immigrants is its because when they joined the euro the exchange rate was set too low – this means low wages here become very attractive to them and also property there seems cheap to us (or the germans)

It will settle out as wages and infaltion catch up in Poland and other countries to iron out the diffeerences and make moving here for work less atactive – also our rising unemployment will do the same.

It must havehad undesriable effects in Poland as well with so many of its yong motivated people leaving.

I see this as only a temporary state of affairs that wil correct in time to come

Blimey TJ – are you applying for a job at the Adam Smith Institute? It must be something about the Scottish air that converts you all to free-marketeers!!! 😉

armo
    Free Member

no 2

zippykona

Regarding Commonwealth countries, lets just forget about them helping us out in 2 world wars.
    We owe them.
    What connection do we have with the Democratic Republic Of Congo? How the —k did we think letting those ‘witch’ killers in was of benefit to our country. Yes I am angry.

konabunny
    Free Member

How the —k did we think letting those ‘witch’ killers in was of benefit to our country

Dey do dough, don’t dey do?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How the —k did we think letting those ‘witch’ killers in was of benefit to our country

I suspect an official at passport control was slacking and didn’t notice “witch killer” written in the ‘what profession’ space.

Otherwise yes, you’re right – it’s hard to imagine what someone was thinking when they decided that it would be of benefit to Britain to allow a couple of witch killers in.

Actually it’s quite frankly a disgrace.

MSP

Hang on now, you mean that the murdered lad was actually a witch?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Immigrants’ is closed to new replies.