Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Imaginative ways to return an iPod
  • dazzydw
    Free Member

So my daughter lost her ipod 2 months ago. We just found it down the back of the sofa, in a place I didn’t even know existed in the sofa. She doesn’t know yet. Time for some fun I reckon.
    Suggestions ….

matt_outandabout

Post her pictures of it….in familiar places, then getting slowly to the ‘that must be a picture from today…’

scaredypants

ring the doorbell and leave it on the step in a paper bag that’s on fire ?

tinribz
    Free Member

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Be a cheapskate and give it to her for xmas 😀

dazzydw
    Free Member

Trying to think of a David Blane / Dynamo style OMG moment….

Stoner
    Free Member

Xmas pudding. Who wants a threepenny bit these days?

Drac

Who wants a threepenny bit these days?

Not me I went this afternoon.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Be a cheapskate and give it to her for xmas

This

Sandwich

Pass the parcel game!

jodafett

Start a Facebook page for it and do Facebook stuff (I don’t do Facebook so don’t know what Facebook stuff is!)

DezB
    Free Member

Do something for Halloween. Insert it into a pumpkin, leaving no visible signs of entry.
    Then get your daughter involved in some pumpkin carvery…

Slogo
    Free Member

Give it to her for xmas. do you still have the box?

Make her think its her main present.

northernmatt

Post her pictures of it….in familiar places, then getting slowly to the ‘that must be a picture from today…’

This but in random places. Give it to people you know that are going on holiday and ask them to send you pictures of it.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Just give it back…you’re verging on ‘dad trying to be cool and funny fail’ territory.

DezB
    Free Member

you’re verging on ‘dad trying to be cool and funny fail’

Nonsense, dads are always funny! 😉 😉

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Nonsense, dad’s are always funny!

But rarely cool unfortunately… 😉

theotherjonv

Nonsense, dad’s* are always funny!

Agreed. My daughters don’t know it yet, but in time they’ll come to realise that I’m a comedy genius. If i tell them often enough.

* Even Dads that can’t work out how to use apostrophes.

DezB
    Free Member

* Even Dads that can’t work out how to use apostrophes

My son typed that post (obv).

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

My daughter lost hers, but denied it. It was something she really wanted for her last birthday, but she looses everything. Insisted she wouldn’t, but then after a few months of course we stopped seeing it.

Luckily it was found at Tescos, and our number was found on it. I travel a bit for work, so we started taking pictures of it against famous landmarks from around the world, printing the pictures and sending them to her.

She received postcards from her ipod from Paris, Bangalore, Sydney, New York, KL etc. We started giving it to people we work with to take pictures from any famous landmarks. This went on for about 5 months, her receiving letters from her iPod, she kept hiding the letters as she didn’t know what was going on and couldn’t tell us as of course the iPod wasn’t lost.

Eventually we sent her a ransom note, sending the broken cover in the envelope as a kind of proof of life. Eventually she came to me and asked to borrow the money to pay the ransom as she was worried her iPod would be harmed by the kidnappers.

Once she had admitted to it I told her I was going to the police to get it back. I went away for a week for work, but told her I was on a rescue mission.

She got her iPod back and was very sorry, it never leaves her room. She’s still not sure what happened. She’s 9 BTW, no signs of PTSD so they’re tough little buggers. Worth it just to prove that maybe one day she might just be wrong, which hadn’t entered her head before

DezB
    Free Member

Nonsense, dad’s are always funny!

After the above, I take that post back.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

mynamesnotbob – that is the work of a true evil genius Dad. Good work!

northernmatt

So does are you going to let her know it was you all along or are you going to string it out for a couple of years? Excellent work by the way, that’s exactly what I had in mind.

rewski
    Free Member

Just give it back but with her music removed and your Genesis or Oasis collection added

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Imaginative ways to return an iPod’ is closed to new replies.