Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Images disappearing off Nikon D100 memory card…
  • leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Can someone help with a DSLR problem:

I shoot onto a D100 DSLR, and when I get back to my PC to open/download the images into Photoshop some of the images at the end of the shoot have disappeared! I’m connecting the camera via USB, plugging in then powering on the camera.

I have tested leaving the camera on for a few minutes after the last shot to write to the card, in case I’m powering off mid-write, but this doesn’t seem to help. Similarly, opening the card in an explorer window doesn’t show the missing images either.

A Google doesn’t come up with anything on’t net… so what’s going on?

STATO
    Free Member

have you formatted the memory card recently?

theflatboy
    Free Member

you’ll know if it’s still writing to the card cos the little orange light is on. i’ve got a d100 also, but don’t have that problem. you tried changing the card?

IA

Old/cheap memory card? They can only handle a limited number of writes.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

I reformatted the card using Windows, then reformatted using the camera – no better.

I’ll have a look for the orange light. I haven’t noticed it blink when it’s writing, especially when I power it off.

I know the card is a few years old – it’s a Sandisk CF 512mb card. I’ll maybe convince the boss to invest in a new [bigger] one!

Cheers guys

dooosuk
    Free Member

Where did you buy the card? There’s a lot of fakes about that are rubbish.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Before my time, dooosuk. It was working fine for a few months then went a bit flaky.

Just ordered a new card so will see how I get on with that.

I could actually do with a new cam, I could put up with a D3x ;o)

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Have you plugged the CF card into a memory card reader to see what’s on it?

On my (different) camera, when i used a particular reader, either the reader or windows was borking up the image files with some random extension. I had to rename the file extensions to get them to work.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

At that size it’s hardly worth wasting the time trying to diagnose!

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

dave, no i don’t have a card reader here, but good call will check that.

simon, i concur, but it’s the only card i have at the moment! have just bought a 4GB Kingston card so will see if that helps. thought i’d ask in case there were known issues with the d100…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Images disappearing off Nikon D100 memory card…’ is closed to new replies.