Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • i'm thinking about p/x my s works carbon hardtail frame.should i?
  • racefaceec90

i asked a similar question on the bike radar forum,but i just wanted peoples opinion here!!!i have an 08 s works carbon hardtail bike,and it is great,but in the back of my mind,i am always worried that i will crash one day and snap it!!!my query is. should i p/x the frame for a stronger(i mean crash resistent!!!)hardtail/fs frame.or should i just stop being paranoid and keep it!!!if i did p/x it,i would be hoping to do a straight swap for the new frame,or could save around £300 to £500 max!!!i would be very grateful for any advice/comments!!!thank you 😀

njee20
    Free Member

Stop being ridiculous and ride it, if you crash hard enough to snap a carbon frame what exactly do you think is going to happen to a metal one!?

You could flog it and buy a Kona Kula, they're really tough. Oh wait…

racefaceec90

thanks njee20 for reply.it is stupid paranoia that i have,but it stays at the back of my mind!!!i totally agree with you though!!!i was thinking of going for either an orange 5 frame(if i could do a good deal)or a pace 305 frame,if i did p/x!!!

RealMan
    Free Member

If you dont enjoy riding it anymore, then yes, get something new. If you forget all about your paranoia when you start riding, dont.

Heres something to ease your mind.

http://www.bustedcarbon.com

racefaceec90

cheers for that one 😯

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Either MTFU and ride it or sell it to me 😆

bustedcarbon is a rubbish site as every one of those bikes have been crashed. I don't care what the story says about each one but looking at the pictures there are no critical failures in the weave or carbon design.

If you crash a bike hard enouch to snap it, you wont be needing to ride the frame in a while anyway as you will also have breaks somewhere.

Stiggy

Crash it and if you're the original owner spesh will replace it with a new one! Job done 😉

njee20
    Free Member

If you're thinking of a tougher bike, like a 5 or something then fair enough. Just don't expect any other racey hardtail to be any tougher, the S-Works is probably one of the toughest out there in fact.

racefaceec90

thank you everyone who has replied.i really do love the bike,it does everything that i ask of it,and have had no problems at all with it,i should just stop whinging and be thankful with what have!!!to be honest you can break any material,as there are plenty of steel/aluminium/titanium frames that have snapped also.it's just that carbon gets the bad press!!!jeez i've just answered my own question who'd have thought it haha!!! 😀

Marmoset
    Free Member

Keep it – I've crashed my carbon Vertex twice now, just chipped paint to show for it – one of those stacks was a pretty big/fast one as well. As njee says, you're not going to get a tougher light race bike than a carbon one.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘i'm thinking about p/x my s works carbon hardtail frame.should i?’ is closed to new replies.