Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Im the daddy ;)
  • Chipbutty
    Free Member

Our first was born yesterday, weighing in at 8lb 8. Baby daughter.

Looking forward to sleepless nights!

blades2000
    Free Member

congratulations, ours is due in August and i can't wait.

binners

Congratulations! The sleepless nights have their redeeming features. The working day is so much more entertaining when you're hallucinating as you've not slept for a week. Enjoy 🙂

freddyg
    Free Member

Congratulations! A good size too!

Don't worry, the sleepless nights don't last for ever.

Top tip – if you've got lots of family/friends wanting to visit (and you probably will) ask them to help out by bringing something to eat. I remember that a dish of lasagne/cottage pie/ etc etc was an absolute lifesaver. Nothing too spicy though – if Ms Butty is breastfeeding, spicy food disturbs the bairns <<ahem>> "movements" <</ahem>>

matt_outandabout

whoop! Congratulations.

(Isla Bikes by the way….just to pre-empt a question)

akira

Our two were one on Tuesday, first year flies by so take photos and enjoy it.

yetidave
    Free Member

congratulations! My second was due last sunday *biting fingers stage now*

TheFopster
    Free Member

Congratulations! Hesitate to give "advice" to any new parent, but there is one thing I wish I had been told, so here it is. The first 6 months are largely rubbish. Don't panic. From then on, life is a blast. Just hang in there, and don't assume there's something wrong with you if it seems less than the most satisfying experience of your life. It'll get there, but not immediately.

Sorry if this sounds patronising, but as I said it would have helped me…

sharkbait
    Free Member

Congrats. ^^ What Fopster said.

And when you think it's all going wrong spare a thought for the blessed amongst us that have had twins – now that was proper sleep depravation compared to having our first daughter 🙂

BigJohn

I'm the Granddady! My first grandson arrived on Tuesday. Mrs BigJohn asked me a very cheeky question about "did I have a problem with…"

RAPID-RIDER
    Free Member

We have 8 month old identical boys! The sleepless night last for a few weeks and then they settle into a routine. Ours have been sleeping all through from about 5 months (I dont count soother replacements as not sleeping though anymore!). Enjoy it while you can the time goes fast!!

sharkbait
    Free Member

RR the very best bit of 'having twins' advice I can give you is to ALWAYS buy two of the same toy.
    We went thought the stage of getting each one different toys thinking they'd share……. Ha, how stupid were we? Duplicates of everything or else there will be constant fighting – well there will be that anyway but at least you've not encouraged it!
    My girls are 8 this may and are only just starting to share.

RAPID-RIDER
    Free Member

Thanks Sharkbait! Yeah they are already pulling toys/bibs/hats off each other so the fun is only starting!!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

RR – non-identical girls aged 8 months here. (High fives a fellow multiple-er) Ours generally sleep through 7.30pm till 7am now unless teething or if they have got on their fronts and got stuck.

One (Evie) has a dummy but we put three or four in her cot (always save one back just in case she loses them all) on a night and she can find one and put it in by herself (has been doing for the last couple of months now). Usually the next morning we are fishing them out from all over the floor but it saves us having to get up during the night.

(Ohh, and congrats on the little side order chipbutty) 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Congrats mate.

Don;t take any internet advice (or stuff you read in baby books for that matter) as gospel. First six months were a breeze for us compared to the next year.

Our girl was two months early though, so she had a lot of sleeping to catch up on.

TimP
    Free Member

Congratulations and good luck!

Our girl is 5 1/2 weeks and just starting to get into sleeping patterns so I am starting to feel a bit more normal.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Well done, same weight as or little fella last week. Less than an hours sleep last night (partly down to a 3 year old waking up at 6). Agree about the first few weeks being a bit of a nightmare, but well worth it in the long run.

Good luck to you all.

mos

Our daughter is 8 weeks tomorrow.
    When some one who doesn't even have kids asks after 2 weeks, "isn't she in a routine yet" you have my permission to whoop their a$$.
    Same goes for the nobbs that tell you their child was sleeping through after 3 weeks, no they weren't you ****.

And no, your missus isn't the only one that thinks she can't do this because it's too damn hard. (although probably no-one else will tell you that).

RAPID-RIDER
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion we tried the multiple soother thing but last night one of them actually cried for a soother which was under his head! They are well able to find a soother during the day. Usually stealing it from their twin. But at night they seem to prefer us to replace it for them! 🙂

Wookster

well done to the Mrs andyou mate!!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion we tried the multiple soother thing but last night one of them actually cried for a soother which was under his head! They are well able to find a soother during the day. Usually stealing it from their twin. But at night they seem to prefer us to replace it for them!

It might be worth persevering with – they won't realise at first that they are there. We actually pop one in Evies mouth when she has finished her bedtime feed and just put to bed, hand her another one, then put a third and fourth one in the bed – that way she knows she has at least two. It didn't work at first but it does now. Another thing to try is not to always put them in their mouths – give them to them so they learn to put them in, eventually putting them beside them so they can work out to pick up etc.

Do they share a cot then?

RAPID-RIDER
    Free Member

Used to share a cot but they are too big now. They keep hitting each other or poking each others eyes/scraping faces etc!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Congrats!! Our first is due in August (where's the terrified face smiley??)

zaskar
    Free Member

Poor bas I mean congrats! 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Used to share a cot but they are too big now. They keep hitting each other or poking each others eyes/scraping faces etc!

With you there brother. Our two have a fixation with necks, ears, mouths and my glasses, which they can grab/pull off in fractions of a second.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Im the daddy ;)’ is closed to new replies.