Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • I'm still not feeling myself,,,
  • Karinofnine

after that virus thing I got a couple of weeks ago. I managed the commute this week, but washed out today, just chilling with JD and music tv. Hope I feel better tomorrow, dying to get out on the bike to play in the snow.

Trekster

lasts about 2mths and if you try and force yourself out it will last longer 😕

ton

i have it too.
    so as i try to do owt that requires a bit of exertion i end up in a coughing fit…

Trekster

Thats the on. Wife has a course of anti bios and doc sasy don t expect a quick fix
    Me, I am just soaking up the cough syrups, honey and lots of vick at night

Eric_S
    Free Member

Missing u on the trails Trekster! Get well soon

oldgit
    Free Member

Rough here to. Shouldn't have tried to race last Sunday hey-ho.

chico
    Free Member

cant believe im reading this. ive had virus or coughing bug, got better i thought then relapsed. i feel like shite cant stop coughing, and this is week 7. antibios have helped but cant get back on bike my lungs are raw. very frustrating. Even worse wife and friends say its because of my off road biking in all weathers? WTF.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

antibiotics have no effect on virus 🙁

chico
    Free Member

your right but doc not sure so prescribed anyway.

fontmoss
    Free Member

your right but doc not sure so prescribed anyway.

nice, thats sensible prescribing 🙁

grumm
    Free Member

Had something similar for about 3 months now 🙁

forge197
    Free Member

Eric_S + 1

Get well soon Trekster hope to see you for Mabie NYE

hora
    Free Member

Listen to your body, force the issue and virus be there for longer.

Karinofnine

It's just so frustrating, all that snow just waiting for me, the muddy parts are frozen over too – lovely. I might try an hour… I get a bit grumpy (allegedly) if I don't ride my bike.

Chico, people at work keep telling me I'm ill because of "… all that cycling you do". WTF?

Grumm, 3 months? I hope mine doesn't last 3 months, please please please. I think I would go properly mad, like making funny noises and rocking backwards and forwards mad.

stumpyjon

I had it, then got rid of it, then came back again. Like a cold but without being bunged up. Sore throat, croaky voice, felt poo. Luckily seem to shrugging it off now. Felt pants yesterday but think that was just first day of the holidays syndrome.

IdleJon

stumpyjon – Member
    I had it, then got rid of it, then came back again. Like a cold but without being bunged up. Sore throat, croaky voice, felt poo.

Exactly my symptoms – doc prescribed antibiotics because she thought I had bronchitis two weeks ago. It cleared up enough for me to do a very easy 20 minute run, and what should have been an easy flat 12 mile ride – that bit killed me off. Had it for about 2 and a half weeks now.

simonk
    Free Member

I think i have given up this month, started the month with Swine flu part way through i came down with a chest infection, during the coughing fits i managed to break 2 ribs, i am now waiting for them to heal so i can ride again.

Simon

hora
    Free Member

Title of the thread:

I'm still not feeling myself

The first thing I do when Im ill in bed IS feel myself 🙄

Del

wife and friends say its because of my off road biking in all weathers

yep – exercise in the open air makes you sick. fact. 🙄

grumm
    Free Member

yep – exercise in the open air makes you sick. fact.

Sadly I think there might be some truth in it. Exercise is obviously good for you but I think very intense exercise in the extreme cold and wet is probably not great for your immune system if it's already struggling slightly.

Trekster

Eric_S – Member

Missing u on the trails Trekster! Get well soon
    😳

forge197 – Member

Eric_S + 1

Get well soon Trekster hope to see you for Mabie NYE
    Defo 😆

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘I'm still not feeling myself,,,’ is closed to new replies.