Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I'm receiving google emails meant for someone else
  • eckinspain
    Free Member

I have recently started receiving emails from Google regarding someone else’s account.
    The emails are only from Google and are things like “your recovery password has recently changed”, “you have signed in on a new device”.
    The emails include the email address that it’s referring to, and it’s nothing like my gmail address so not sure why I’m getting them.
    My first thoughts were that it was a scam but now I’m not sure.
    Is there any way I can contact Google?
    Or should I email this person? Perhaps they’ve added my email as a secondary email address by mistake?

scotroutes

Mark it as Spam. The Gmail Spam team will look at it and act accordingly.

eckinspain
    Free Member

If I mark it as spam won’t it put all emails from “no-reply@accounts.google.com” into my spam folder?
    I do want to continue to receive emails from Google

scotroutes

I use Google Inbox and always get the option to “always do this”

bensales
    Free Member

Chances are someone has used your email address thinking it’s theirs. Some genius has done this on both his Paypal and Ebay accounts using mine, and despite several efforts to tell both Ebay, Paypal, and him this (by good old fashion letter!) he still won’t change it. When I get really bored of deleting his fishing equipment receipts one day, I’ll just change his passwords on both his accounts.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Is there any potential danger in just emailing him and asking him to change his secondary email address?

Stoner
    Free Member

I get those alerts for a friend’s account I helped set up where I used one of my addresses as their backup address.

Assuming you really don’t recognise the address then as above someone has mistyped (. Com/. Co. Uk) their secondary email address when they set up their Gmail address.

All you can do is try and make contact at the Gmail address asking then to amend their settings. After that, it goes to spam folder.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘I'm receiving google emails meant for someone else’ is closed to new replies.