Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I'm pondering going tubeless – can somebody hold my hand please?
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

I like tubes but there are some good deals on no-tubes wheelsets. These would help loads on my current whippet build. I’ve no experience whatsoever.

where do I start?
    what do I need to know?

ratherbeintobago

Do you mean Stan’s rims, or just ones designed for tubeless? UST rim + tyre is a doddle; Stan’s kit a bit more work to get sealed, but once it’s done it works well.

Lots of infohere about tyres that work; IME UST tyres work better as they have stiffer sidewalls, but some non-UST tyres will work with sealant.

Andy

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Stands seems to be a fit and forget solution. Works for me and I have the mechanical abilities of a wombat

nonk
    Free Member

i know its just a shop and all http://www.justridingalong.com/ but i find these folks helpfull.

monksie
    Free Member

I’ll come round and do it for you Eddie. All mine are tubeless and I wouldn’t go back to tubes. No ghetto rubbish though.

allankelly

Here’s my site I put up for exactly this. It’s great, transformed my riding. No punctures, neither pinch or thorn. Go for it!

tubelesswheels.com

al.

Waderider
    Free Member

I’ll certainly take your hand to lead you away from such a silly idea. 😈

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I'm pondering going tubeless – can somebody hold my hand please?’ is closed to new replies.