Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • I'm peeing blood and razor blades….
  • mcboo
    Free Member

Was feeling under the weather all last week, thought it was the annual hayfever hitting. Pink pee-pee water and very painful, turns out I have a urinary tract infection.

Maybe aggravated by cycling but the docs say men dont often get them so not sure what can have caused it. On anti-biotics now, no bleeding and the pain is much less. Anyone know what causes these?

Two months off with a broken finger, then a bronchial chest infection, now this. Had to drop out of doing the Dragon at the weekend. No fun.

Cougar

Anyone know what causes these?

Sticking it in places you shouldn’t.

Cranberry juice is supposed to be very good for relieving the pain of, ah, relieving when you’ve a UTI.

wwaswas

I got one of these for no discernable reason.

I had a temperature of over a 103 for a week the doctor popped in, unprompted, on his way to work the day after I visited him to see if I needed an ambulance. I was quite ill.

Never had it again although I did have an ultrasound on my kidneys later to see if there was anything causing the problem.

Main thing is to keep drinking – Robinsons Barley Water is good – and lots of it.

cp

likewise, I had one a few years ago very similar sounding symptons – antibiotics got rid. been fine since…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ahh ha.

Don’t worry son, it’ll pass.

I too had a Kidney Infection over Xmas and ended up in Hospital for 3 nights. Similar symptoms to those above, temp, aches, burning etc. went to the Docs and he sent me straight to the Hospital. Anti Bio’s later and all clear.
    I too don’t stick my dick where it ought not go, so no real reason other than hard training, lack of drinking, plunge pools and jaquzzi use all possible causes.
    Drink loadsa Barley Water as suggested and no caffine (that was the hardest bit for me hahaha)

geetee1972
    Free Member

gixer-chris
    Free Member

Yup – barley water

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Treat the lurgy like a snake bite, someone needs to suck the infection out

mcboo
    Free Member

Barley water you say, rather than just H2O?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Something in Barley Water that helps sooth, not too sure what though. It was recommended by the Nurses and TBH not too sure if it really helped or not but it does taste pretty damn fine with Ice and Mint thown in it.. I’ve become a bit addicted to it now.. hahaha.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Been there, VERY painful, still get palpitations if I ever do a “warm” wee. Ended up getting an ultrasound of the bladder and a prostate check(owww)as a precaution. Turns out it was just an infection.

Cranberry juice helps.

wwaswas

treat the lurgy like a snake bite, someone needs to suck the infection out

“You’re gonna die, mate”

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Had one too. Wait for for the cystoscopy! its lovely, honest.

Never found out what caused it.

thomthumb
    Free Member

men dont often get them so not sure what can have caused it.

maybe it’s your period.

MTFU 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

aaaaand now you’ve got “The Hook” to look forward to…

EDIT: Do they still do this?

shortcut

I got one after a trip to Turkey. I blamed that. Hurt like hell!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Have you been pushing stuff up there?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hormones can cause them, I had them exactly in time with growth spurts, which apparently isn’t uncommon.

TenMen
    Free Member

I had it about a year ago, felt absolutely dreadful for a few days. As the others have said, never found out what caused it. But I did start changing my ‘special sock’ a bit more often…

tazzymtb

chest infection you say? been on antibiotics by any chance? as that can play merry hell with all sorts natural flora that lives in your system which can lead to the whole single eye looking like a stab wound routine

mcboo
    Free Member

Aye, had antibiotics 3/4 weeks ago to clear the chest…..loads of fun.

wallop

I get them regularly, but as a female the causes may be different. UTIs are quite often caused by e.coli sticking to the wall of your bladder. There is a natural sugar product called D-Mannose which stops the e.coli from doing this – I use UTI-Care (avalable from victoria health), both as a preventative and a cure.

You should avoid aggravating your infection with sugary fuids and alcohol – I avoid cranberry juice, as it happens!

colande
    Free Member

i feel your pain,
    it’s a horrible thing to have,

just drink plenty of water, more water than you can stomach,
    it will flush the infection out,

i wasn’t given antibiotics just the advice above,

hope you get better soon

mcboo
    Free Member

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww thanks colande…..you’re not my mum are you?

Feeling much better now, almost finished 1.5l of water this morning.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘I'm peeing blood and razor blades….’ is closed to new replies.