Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I'm on the cadge – Win7 64 bit RC iso file ??
  • scaredypants

don't suppose anyone has such a thing?

(and a key, and knows that me using it won't bugger your copy on"validation")

I've been titting about with computer bits the last few days & built a new one. Thinking I'd like to use lots of ram sometime in future & so fancy a go at 64 bit. I'm on the W7 rc 32 bit at the moment & impressed enough to go shopping for the 64 but I'd like to make sure I don't hate that version first before I buy it (ain't cheap 😯 )

Rockplough
    Free Member

Which version (pro, ultimate etc.) are you looking to try?

scaredypants

Hi – pro or ultimate (so I can do 32 bit software if i have to)

(just been looking, think a key is for making a trial permanent rather than just trying out, so I don't need a key if this is correct)

Rockplough
    Free Member

I think I can give you an ISO. Leave it with me.

scaredypants

you're a lovely fella

GrahamS

I'm on the W7 rc 32 bit at the moment & impressed enough to go shopping for the 64 but I'd like to make sure I don't hate that version first before I buy it

I'm pretty sure they are identical. No?

scaredypants

dunno Graham – it's things like compatibility I'm interested in most (not buying any new hardware – beyond maybe memory – just for this)

[added] – what is the key code all about? I've got one for the 32 bit version I'm using but don't remember ever typing it in. Do I need one ?

GrahamS

You won't have any software comparability issues. You might have issues with hardware drivers, but I've been using 64-bit Windows (XP and Vista) for years and I think those days are largely passed now, unless you have quite obscure hardware.

Mr_C
    Free Member

(ain't cheap 😯 )

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Upgrade Edition £37 from software4students.

You are supposed to be in, or closely related to someone in education. I used my daughter's deatils to register but to be honest I'm not sure any checks are done.

scaredypants

oooh, Mr_C, you're spoiling us !

(I work & am registered at a uni)

(I think between you, you've convinced me so rockplough may not need to bother – unless you already have this to hand & ready to "go". Please only bother if a) it's really easy for you and b) you don't need to post a cd rom as I might just order one of those ^ instead)

simon_g

90-day eval of Enterprise (same featureset as Ultimate) here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/cc442495.aspx

scaredypants

so, presumably the next post will be someone offering me cash if I'll be good enough to try it for them !

cheers all

Flaperon

If you can get an ISO, it will allow you 30 days of any version before forcing you to activate, so loads of time to try.

Rockplough
    Free Member

YGM scaredypants.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘I'm on the cadge – Win7 64 bit RC iso file ??’ is closed to new replies.