Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • I'm on Google+…. but what is it ?
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Facebook 2 ?

If anyone wants invites let me know.

Cougar

chvck
    Free Member

Aye at present it’s facebook without the social bit as there aren’t enough people

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    redthunder
    Free Member

Thought so.

Google seems like a BSA Motorbike to me…. its tuck [A]nywhere.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

chvck have you seen how many users it has? Its HUGE already.

rs
    Free Member

chvck have you seen how many users it has? Its HUGE already

not if your friends don’t use it, I don’t really see the point of switching from facebook where all my friends already have accounts.

CountZero

Lots of users, but none of them actually know any of the others, so there’s no-one to talk to.

redthunder
    Free Member

It’s ideal for me as I don’t have any friends 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

Anyways..here is a link to my invites if anyone wants them….

Google+ Invites

MrsToast
    Free Member

Google+ is like a party where everyone there is standing at the side, too timid to say anything, with the exception of one guy shouting saying, “THIS IS GREAT!!”

Well, that’s the case with my circles anyway. :/

jam-bo

I have an account purely due to geek curiosity. Looks nice, iPhone app looks better than Facebook one. Haven’t used it yet

chvck
    Free Member

Yeah I have less than 10 friends on it too, most of mine haven’t switched from facebook. The ones on it are the more geeky ones (myself included there).

It’d be interesting to what’d happen if facebook went down for a couple of days though

elliott-20
    Free Member

I’m on it and for me it works. Why? Because it isn’t about being social, it’s about putting everything I do/need together in one place.

Once you are logged in that new little black bar at the top of Google becomes apparent. If like me you use google mail, docs, calendar etc. it’s all there, all in one place.

It’s more than just ‘social’, FB won’t be scared, nor will Twitter but the Apple’s App store and Microsoft should be. Already apps and games are being developed for the Google ‘platform’.

And they just brought Motorola so you can see where this is all going.

chvck
    Free Member

Once you are logged in that new little black bar at the top of Google becomes apparent. If like me you use google mail, docs, calendar etc. it’s all there, all in one place.

I leave gmail or igoogle open for that purpose, usually gmail!

Gordy
    Free Member

Thanks for the invite, redthunder.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

CountZero

‘s more than just ‘social’, FB won’t be scared, nor will Twitter but the Apple’s App store and Microsoft should be. Already apps and games are being developed for the Google ‘platform’.

But isn’t that ‘platform’ pretty much about web apps? There doesn’t seem to be any real native app system. I know there are people who claim that web apps are where it’s at but that falls completely on it’s ass when confronted by the twin issues of data caps and sodding great holes in the data network. Where I work is halfway between two masts, less than a mile apart, one around thirty meters from my house. At work I’m lucky if I get any kind of 3G signal, and even Edge can be flaky, because most of the building is steel clad and blocks the signal. What point web apps when there’s no web there to access? There’s places fifteen miles from where I live in North Wilts where an O2 signal is non-existent, which if you want to use say, Google Maps for example, you are totally stuffed. .

rs
    Free Member

I use google mail, docs and calendar and fail to see how google+ improves that in anyway.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Cheers for the invite! 😀

spacemonkey

Yep, less than 3% of my friends are on it and I don’t see that changing much for a while. Set my account up a few weeks ago but can’t be arsed with replicating my FB activity onto G+. And neither can my mates because they’re FB posts are way more busy.

RealMan
    Free Member

Got on g+ ages ago, got one mate on it so far 🙁

Looking forward to when it actually opens up to the public.

jon1973
    Free Member

Just started playing with this. Looks interesting, very much like Facebook, not sure what more it adds, but worth a play.

Anyhoo, it’s says I have 150 invites left, so if someone want one…

Xylene
    Free Member

Signed up because everybody else did, took a look at it, don’t have any idea what it is, sits there in my google bar thing now telling me it’s there.

About it really.

Dinger
    Free Member

Hi,

Does anybody have any spare invites left? Would appreciate one if you could spare it. Surfsinker AT gmail.com

TIA

Dinger
    Free Member

Sorted! Thx

SaxonRider

What is the relationship between Google+ and a Google Profile?

A number of months on and I still don’t understand.

DickBarton

I think Google profile gets used if you rate or review things, places, services, etc. Via Google.

Russell96

Whole pile of new people to talk/interact with, I’ll say so far its the more savvy literate people with 99% of posts being something worth reading with zero text speak so far..

I’ll admit to liking Twitter and G+ seems to be the extended beyond 140 chars with lots of media version of it.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘I'm on Google+…. but what is it ?’ is closed to new replies.